1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my 08 chevy strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by CityGuy, Feb 12, 2009.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Here is a couple of pics of where I installed my strobes in my 08 Chevy.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

strobes.jpg

2. Sledhed05

Sledhed05 Junior Member

Thanks Hamel, is that in the upper or lower or both?

3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

The fronts are in the lower running light and the rear is in the upper where the hole was pre drilled for the strobe (or at least that is what I thought the hole was for).
    Before some says something yes I checked with my local PD and the state patrol and yes I can have rear facing red as long as they blink together and only when backing into a roadway and then back into the lot.

4. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

how hard was it removing the headlights?

5. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

It was a little difficult at first but after you figure it out its seems pretty simple. First remove the shroud over the radiator and lights. Then remove the upper screw. Pull the lights out just a little there is a screw that has to be accessed near the front to the fender. You'll see it when you pull out slightly. Remove light after unplugging the bulbs.

Once removed drill your hole while holding the light upside down so as to not get a lot of chips or particle's in the head light assembly.