1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of mods so far

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by acornish, Jan 25, 2011.

1. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok these are whats done so far - home made light post with real plow lights(soon to be replaced with Meyer hoop and pump), contactor and toggle on a stand so easy accsess, sorry for the messy truck

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

2. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Very cool...like the lights...I have the snowbear ones and they are junk....cant get them to go straight..lol. plus I cant legally drive it on the road....next mod would be real lights.

3. acornish

acornish Senior Member

deffinately get real lights, I got a ticket for using off road lights as plow lights. The judge was shocked to see the paperwork for those lights , but as he said thats canada and this is US different laws

4. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Hi, this will be my first year plowing and i have a few that have been asking about plowing their drives, i have read a lot of good and bad and was wating an honest answer as how well do these plows work? Thank You Mike

5. acornish

acornish Senior Member

well ive had a few of these in the last ten years --- for the most part they are a good plow, not very heavy, and get the job doone

6. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

Thank You, i am strongly considering getting the 88" and putting real lights on it so i can transport it,

7. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

are your plow lights hooked up? i dont see any wires running to them? if so how did you hook them up i got a set of plow lights for snow bear that i need to hook up.

8. acornish

acornish Senior Member

yes they are hooked up theres a six pin conector in the middle of the upper tree it goes in through the upper grill

9. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

can you give me a step by step on how you hooked the plowlights up.. please

10. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok well that will depend on your truck and the lights u choose to get --- mine are as follows blue and green go to switch on dash then tapped into high beam switch to control plow / truck headlights, yellow is tapped into left turn, brown is tapped into right turn, and white is tapped into parking light--- then ran black wire to the radiator support for a ground

11. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

ok i will go check my truck and lights.. did you use any relays at all?

12. acornish

acornish Senior Member

ok like i said it will depend on your truck -- mines an 88 GMC no relays some newer ones have them