1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of hitch mounted stobes

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dheavychevy38, Jan 22, 2009.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Here ya go guys sorry it took so long. Just got ome bad news the other day they pulled one of my best friends out of the river by my house. but as said heres the pics .[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    This is the style light
    [​IMG][/IMG] this is the bracket used.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

In Algonquin a few days ago? Sorry to hear about that Denny.

3. dheavychevy38

Thanks mark. Ya in algonquin.

So on the lights The mounts are just welded to the hitch and the lights themselves you can buy just like that. Then the run off a power unit like your basic hide away lights do.

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Lights

what did they run ya

sorry ot hear about your friend

5. dheavychevy38

Not sure what they run i can find out. I was able to get them from one of our old trucks where i work in the summer months. They are basiclly the hide away bulbs in that style light. I know they aren't home made they are store bought. I also mounted them on the front plow mount.

6. Quark3116

Quark3116 Junior Member

Hey Denny,

Sorry to hear about that, I was listening to it for a couple days while they were searching because its kind of close to me. Bad things happen to good people.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, My dad's on the FD and he got the call for diver's but he was in Skokie at the other FD he works at and he hasn't dove in years.

8. dheavychevy38

Where you from ? I live in haegers bend. We grew up together since we where in diapers. Me and all my close friends watched both days of the rescue. :cry: We all grew up down here in what we call the hood. Every year someone dies on the river some how. When it's your time it's your time.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  9. Quark3116

Quark3116 Junior Member

Ya, my pop was a firefighter too, he's retired now, so was his dad, and also my brother is currently on the FD, all were on the Elgin FD, my uncle was the FF that died in the fox at the damn in elgin saving some kids that went over it on a dare, him and another FF died, they finally put up a memorial down there next to the river a couple of years ago. Not sure if you were asking where I'm from or not but I'm in Elgin, I constantly listen to 95 Will Rock and they kept giving updates on it.

10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a cool little setup there. Terribly sorry to hear about your friend.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Me? I'm in woodstock. Not far from the city pool by rt14.

I'm sure you remember me, I'm in the shop probably once a month trying to convince Howard to get me a job:D Was there when you discovered the fantastic shape of your last 14 bolt carrier after looking at my plow wings.

12. dheavychevy38

Thanks for the complimants guys. I know who you are mark lol. I was askin quark. Ya bout that 14 bolt lol. The new used one is holding up pretty well ha ha

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

O ok, Just making sure. lol:D

14. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Lights look good, sorry to hear about your friend.

15. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

My condolences to you and your friends family.