1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of gmc/chevy 3500 duallys with 9 ft fishers?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PORTER 05, Jan 8, 2010.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

Hey anyone have pics of their gmc/chevy 3500 duallys with 9 ft fishers? Going to be putting one on very soon , just wondering if its going to be to big and how it looks. Anyone with this set-up...how do you like it? is it to big and do you do any big sized driveways with it??

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Mr_Bachand or something like that has one. Hes pretty frequent in the Fisher forum I believe.
  3. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Here is one of my 3500's with a 9' Fisher HD.

I would not use it as a driveway rig, it is not near as efficient as a pickup, though I know many others do.

Have you considered a V-Plow?

feb21 066.jpg
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Theres a pic of a 3500 with a 9.5 western v-plow on my profile pics if you'd like to see it. I know its not quite what your loking for, but its there.
  5. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

6. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

nice , just what im looking for! Anyone run a 8.6FT fisher on theirs 3500 duallys?
  7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

why not just put a 9' on this truck and use it for larger driveways and whatever commercial propeties you have. Its going to be tight with a dually extra cab dump with just a 8' or 8'6"....I mean with my chevy when fully angled its tight
  8. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

One of my 3500 dumps used to have an 8' Fisher on it (a leftover from an old pickup). It drove me nuts, because if you were on any kind of a curve/corner, the duallys would always run over the bank. You would have to take many slices of the pie (so to speak) at different angles to clean it up good. With the 9', this will still happen a little on extremely sharp corners, but it is for the most part sufficient. I would absolutely not go smaller than 9' on that truck.
  9. dvblandscaping

dvblandscaping Junior Member

I wholeheartedly second this comment. None less than 9ft.
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Dude, that is a sweet setup you got there! How does that gas engine handle all that weight, plus push the snow?
  11. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Thanks man. It's actually my only gas truck, all the rest are Allison/Duramax. It handles the weight really easily, as the gas engine is a lot lighter than the Duramax's. No Timbrens or T-bar adjustments on this one, like I have had to do with my diesels. And the power is enough, if you really need you can put it in 4 low.

In turn I would not buy another gas truck at this point. I feel like this truck with the 6.0 is underpowered when I am hauling heavy or pulling a trailer. And I have had tranny issues, in addition to replacing the manifolds a few times.

Because I don't want to burn the tranny on this one, and it's a straight blade, I use it exclusively for roads at this point, to minimize wear on it compared to all the commercial lots that I plow with the other trucks and loaders. It works very well in this application. I put some intensifire lights and silverstar bulbs on it, as well as a sno-foil, and it is a pretty good truck to run roads with.

Transferred BLM 117.jpg
  12. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

nice trucks.

I went with the Fisher 9FT MM2 straight blade (yellow). Found a place in Belmont , everything brand new on the truck + very nice used 9 FT for $3,850 installed with tax. I think it was a good deal. The local Fisher dealer wanted $5,100 installed for a brand new one + tax. I still got everything new on the truck, but saved over $1,200 on the plow, and i think the plow is fine. So anyway im all "fished" out i have a 9 ,8 & a 71/2 FT Fisher's couldnt be happier. Ordered a Whelen G7 Guardian white/orange light bar and 2 Whelen TIR6's for the rear of the dump body. Ill get some pics of her up soon!
  13. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

Congratulations, sounds awesome. I will look forward to seeing the pictures.
  14. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

You will be happy with the TIR6's, I have two TIR3 and they are super bright, easy to install and no need for a power supply
  15. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Here is one of my trucks...

16. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

That plow looks really small on that dually
  17. Silverado_guy07

Silverado_guy07 Member

Hey dmax I'm considering a dually but I've only plowed with SRW trucks. I've heard the you lose traction with a DRW and no ballast.
    How do you find it plowing with no salter out back on your DRW?
  18. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

In that pic is my 8.6 i also have a 9.6.... Plowing isnt a issue. i have 40 plus accounts. 1/2 residential and the other commercial. In that truck there is 1200 pounds of counter balance. plow in 2wd most of the time..
  19. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

any more pics of it??
  20. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

ya you need to ballast it for sure. When i picked up the truck after the install and drove her home , we had no ballast besides the dump body. It was a horrible drive even driving, turning was tough also , you could not turn the wheel unless you where moving and evertime you hit a bump the front end would slam down . So we ballast it with about 700 + pounds of logs and plow with it for the first time on that last storm and it worked awsome, plowed maybe 50/50 in 2wd and 4wd. Ill get picks up her up soon. IM glad that everyone told me to go with the 9 FT cause its great and its really not to big.