1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of factory BOSS wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NoFearDeere, Feb 17, 2006.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Here are some pics of the new BOSS wings installed on my 7'6" plow. With wings, it measures 9'4"! These are heavy duty and worth every penny!:)

Plow 1.jpg

Plow 2.jpg

Plow 3.jpg

Plow 4.jpg

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Looks good ...
    I have a set on my V plow, there worth it..they work well..

3. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

What was the price? Dealer quote was $610 installed.

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

The cost was around $500, there easy to install yourself.
    How much were they going to charge for installation?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  5. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Just was given the price installed, no break down.

6. NoFearDeere

I paid $550 for the wings and $100 to install them and a new cutting edge.

7. Sod God 1

Sod God 1 Junior Member

Wings

How well do the wings work in the v position, or do you take them off?

8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

They work good in the V position and it's holds a lot more snow. There great for moving snow or stacking. I don't worry about them at all, no problems going over curbs with them ether.

The new Boss wings were not made for the old RTII. To mount them on to my plow I welded them on so, I'll need a gas-axe to get them off lol,:waving: But, if you have a newer plow there no problem to put on, just drill a couple of holes in the bracing(ribs) and bolt them on..

POPO, have you had a chance to put your (new) plow through it's paces yet?
    Just wondering i you like them on your rig?

9. NoFearDeere

We had a snow/ice storm over the past few days with about 1.5 inches of accumulated snow which I plowed with the wings. Just with that little amount, I saved 1 hr. on my plow time. Then over the next 36 hrs.following that, we recieved 2 inches of solid ice. They work great for getting next to curbs and parking blocks because they lean back a little when they are grinding on the curbs, etc. and that broke up alot of ice. I just hope we get another storm with atleast 3 inches so I can really run them through.:)

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

cool wings

Wow, they look huge! Come with a huge price too. MY only prob is they are mounted to the mold board supports, what if you hit something too hard? it looks like it would twist those supports. At least with my prowings I'll just bend a $100 wing.

Anyways, welcome to the "wing" club, you'll never go back:drinkup: :D

11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Pricey...but worth every penny...