1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of deflectors for EX-V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Sep 29, 2012.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Guys, I'm looking for deflector pics for the EX-V plows. Not the factory ones, but DIY ones that cover the center section as well. Someone posted one a while back, but I can't find it. Thanks, Nick.

2. iowadmaxss

iowadmaxss Junior Member

you a baler belt from a round baler. theyre about 6in wide i used that on on of my uni mounts and then just take a flat piece of steel and bolt on

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. RepoMan207

from Maine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  5. RepoMan207

from Maine

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

7. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I would like to see a pic of a metal one for a V... I don't think the rubber works that well.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

:confused: huh? Where do you get that? Metal doesn't flex, and it would need to extend past the blades edge further then that of a rubber one to be effective....or as effective as a rubber one. Damage when stacking comes to mind as well. I run one on the XLS, I have no complaints. If I were to ever to go with a home made one, or replace the rubber; I would go with a heavier rubber for the sake of speed (30 mph+), but that's it.

PM Pete, he has run it now for 3 seasons. He can give you his opinion.

9. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I have heard that the foils made from flat steel work the best. Just wondering if anyone has tried to make a steel foil of any sorts for a V. I can't go 10mph with mine and snow buries the windshield. Plowing roads and long pushes is a pain.

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice job with the deflector repoman i second u i use the rubber instead of steel

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

I can't take the credit on that one, that was Bacwudzme's doing all on his own. He did a great job on it.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

I've heard that about the OEM ones. I only know a hand full of guys who've run a deflector on them. All have either fabricated their own, or later modified the OEM one.

13. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Most of the ones I know of are fabricated as well. I have heard nothing but good things about how they work and no snow comes onto the windshield. I've been toying with the idea of trying to make one for a V. Was hoping someone else on here had tried already so I didn't have all the trial and error...lasyness on my part.

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

I prefer to think of that as using a proven method lol.