1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of converted mower to sidewalk snow pusher....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ACA L&L, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Anyone have any pics of a mower they converted to a snow plow for there sidewalks. Or any ideas to convert an old walkbehind mower that doesnt mow well enuff to use for mowing but was in too good of shape to retire to the scrap heap? we have a seutech/stealth 33" mower. Runs strong but cuts like a goat with no teeth! if u have one u know what I mean. Anyway As i watched two of the slowest guys shoveling snow today i thought well heck why not convert the mower to a pusher and bam Only need one guy to do commercial walks at 4 am! xysport
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

last time I was plowing I seen someone local snowblowing with a toro zero turn mower. it had a snowblower on the front.
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

If your looking for a way to cut employee's, buy a blower and be done. Some homemade crap will more then likely waste MORE time.
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Or, put a mulching kit on the mower and just mulch up the snow.
  5. scitown

scitown Senior Member

6. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Now that is awesome, i cant beleive i didnt think of that first!! Im so happy.............
  8. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

aca---is that a pic of a launch? just curious and cant make out what it is.
  9. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

10. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

my college had a bunch out here in ma
  11. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

its a pic of a commercial fish tug in dry dock. its a 55ft tug................its name is the jolene, my family owned it for a number of years it fished outta chicago on lake michigan until it was sold and moved up river somewhere? When i say river I mean Lake...
  12. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

there was a video on here a few years ago of a guy that took a 3 wheeled greens mower and put a blade on it. looked like it worked great on drives and walks. very fast and very maneuverable.
  13. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Do you mean mine?

14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I cant remember who's these are....but they are a member here on p-site.

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats too funny. Those Exmarks are pretty cool. I have thought about a blower for the front of my tractor but haven't came to a conclusion yet.
  16. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

that is not true at all do what i did get an old garden tractor plow of craigslist for $50 and build your own mount i did this on two atv's now and it works out great cost about $75 to make all said and done and is way stronger than store bought plow
  17. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

its super plowers!
    aka Jack D.
  18. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

lets see some more pictures of that. thats a greens mower correct? looks fast. i like the idea. does it spin much?
  19. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

That's not a plow mate,
    now this is a plow. Stacks good too.

There are some issues...1 being ground clearance. It has tire chans and weighs a ton, it's hydrolic drive and will never bog down. But, the difference of moving wet vs fluffy. With fluff I'll leave the ends on for pushing, it's 7 1/2 ft wide. With just the blade it's 48" wide, and will go through a sidewalk like nothing.

20. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We put an old Atv blade on one of our Ferris walk behinds a few years ago-guys loved it.