1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of ballast set ups.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by theguynextdoor, Nov 9, 2008.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Anyone have pics of frames you made to hold ballast/lights in the beds of your truck?

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Me too...I want a pick of somebodies superduty

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Doakster........Nobody said anything about superduty man. Get Ford off the brain.

Here is a dark one of my bed......No weight yet, too early for that.

100_0632.jpg

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah I know...I'm not just a ford guy though..I drive a GMC 2500HD for our shop truck which I just installed an 8ft MM2 on and I actually like that truck quite a bit.

Are those boards just sitting in the "pockets" on the sides, I'd like to do that to my superduty as well except behind the wheel well toward the tail gate.

Any problem with the boards coming out?

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah, they fit into the provided 1.5 " deep slots in the side walls. The tricky part to installing them is ANGLE. I used my handy dandy DeWalt Mitre Saw to do the job. Of corse I measured only once an had to do it over. It gets tricky measuring, with the angle to boot, the darn liner keeps getting in the way. Once I did it right, there solid, but very easy to lift up and out when I need the room. Spend the $ and go with Preasure Treated.

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I think i have some pressure treated kicking around...I won't have to angle mine....they are rounded in the corners for my bed rather than angled. I might have to break out the jig saw