1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of back blades with spreaders please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LawnmastersMike, Jan 19, 2011.

1. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

I'm thinking of putting a back blade on one of our trucks just wondering how you guys have them mounted up to work with a spreader? Also what kind of back blades do you all like the most? Thanks.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Wow, I bet I'm gonna be the only one who can respond to this thread LOL

3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

we run daniels back blades on our pickups. no spreaders on the pickups though.

4. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

I don't see the sarcasm here? Not many people here in Southern Ohio have back blades.

5. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

if you search] the site for what you are describing. back blade with spreader you will see what triple l is talking about. probably the only one with a v box and back blade.

6. Triple L

from Canada

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if a few more exist... But I'd almost bet I'm the only one online here that has lots of pics and video's of one in action....

:drinkup: Chad

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=92452&page=21

7. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

i see a few with back blades with tailgate salters..but i have never seen pictures of a v box with a back blade on this site... other than yours

8. Triple L

from Canada

Agreed! I think snowman pull plows of someone like that makes one compadible with a tailgate 575 or 1075 snowex... I cant wait for the weather to clear up to go and pickup Custom High Lift ebling #2... Hopefully next week!

9. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

I must have somehow over looked your post while searching. Great looking rig Triple L! That is what I'm wanting to do myself.

10. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Naw, Triple L. I had this rig WAYYY before you had that insanely sweet, sexy freakin' truck you bomb around in..... of course I WANT your truck......

ScannedImage.jpg

11. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

http://www.eblingandson.com/

Woot Woot!!!!

12. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

ProSeasons do you have any more pics of your set up? I have a 1075 snowex spreader I could use to keep my initail cost down on this rig. I was thinkin a srw truck would be better for driveways, does this back blade pull hard? BTW how is your bumper not rusty? My '01 Dodge is spot free except for the back bumper!

13. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Nope!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

15. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Cause I hose Fluid Film around like it was free!

Here's one toward the bottom of the page.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1182747#post1182747

16. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

This setup has worked well for me so far this year.

BB spreader 2.jpg

BB spreader 1.jpg

17. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I welded a receiver on the QD of the ebling. I had to narrow the supports on my spreader and make a 90 bend on the insert but it fit well. Not sure how other hitch type spreaders would fit in this configuration.

spreader mount 2.jpg

18. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

OOOooohh, how about another one on the other side? That's pretty cool, though...Dual rear spreaders.....SICK!!!

19. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

That is interesting for sure!

20. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

That's exactly the kind of hillbilly crap I'd come up with. Nice! Thumbs Up