1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of 78-84 chevy. value?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ACA L&L, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/2200202707.html

hello everyone im trying to determine a fair offer on this truck, i dont think its worth anything close to 7000,

what i know, original motor, has had some work, needs a few things to ake it 100%
    slips outta park, never had one of my chevys do that, anyone else have it happen, whats the cause?

overall truck is solid, he was unsure if it was a 1 ton, or 3/4 i am not 100% either
    if anyone can tell from pics do share.......im tinking somewhere in the high 3's maybe 4250.......will need to do a few cosmetic things along with a few upgrades under hood, but shes tough.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

mabye finished in nice shape yes 7k. but with the little info he has givin not 7k .

and try www.ck5.com good guys and info over there for 73-87-91 solid axle trucks.

3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Hate to be the one to burst his bubble, i told him that i was thinking more in the high 3's low 4's.....cash and that would be top dollar. He acted like i was crazy, so i said if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it last year? He said oh yeah well it was a trade with cash, from what i gathered it was about 3500 cash, with a atv of some sort. I said you wont get more than 4500-5000 for it right now. The people that have the disposable income to spend on anything are not buying work alot of vehicles for pleasure.........maybe when the economy picks up in a few, but not right now. Well I offered 4300 cash and said i will pay the penaltys for the you not registering the vehicle from the initial purchase. You have like 90 days to at least transfr the title, otherwise you pay penaltys for every month until you do register it........itsgonna be about 400 bucks to transfer it.....already have a plow waiting for it. a nice western. pcked it up for 750 from a guy that bought a house and it was in garage!!!

4. sweetk30

???

so you say your getting it ?

if so what does it have for the axles and how did thay shorten the frame to fit the box ? and what driveline. ?

post more pics if you can

5. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

$7k? I would not bother. He already stated that it needs interior work and a headliner, the power windows and locks do not work the best and it will need tires soon with 30% life. I am just guessing at $2k to finish the interior and put new tires on it. And you still going to have a gas guzzling ride like crap 4X4. It should have a D-60 in the front with 14bolt out back, who knows what the tranny/transfer is but that would make a difference in the purchase to me. For that money i would want to see a TH-400 with a NP-205 in it just so it will hold up to that pig motor. Who cares how much he paid or traded, $7k is way too much. For the money he wants for purchase and for repairs of that truck you can be into an early Silverado with the 8.1/allison.

6. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

I personally wouldn't buy someone's "project". You really never know for sure whats missing and whats intact. And with the title not correctly transferred in a timely manor raises another red flag for me.

"For the money he wants for purchase and for repairs of that truck you can be into an early Silverado with the 8.1/allison." Exactly what I was thinking.

7. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

I agree, I see 8.1 HD's selling cheap 7k and up . I bought my 03 ext cab with 66k on it for $10500. Old vehicles are fun and rare but not for working.

8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

no deal guy didnt wanna part with it for the offer we made. he also has no idea what he has, he is not the one that did any of the work.......sounds good, im a chevy guy, but we will just have to find another truck, wanted an older chevy that we can alos use for hunting,camping, and what not.....

9. sweetk30

just buy one you want. then get shortbed box and chop the frame your self. its super easy.

few guys on www.ck5.com have done it. and posted pics of the job.

mines shorter tho. 4ft 6" behind cab to end of frame for 4ft flat bed.

88 crew cab build 075.jpg

10. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

i have always wanted a 4x4 crew cab like that! but cant afford it

11. Ibuildmyown

Ibuildmyown Junior Member

That truck depending on what running gear it has and if the body is solid would pull $5k-$7k all day long out here on the east coast.

12. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

well here in the land of no rust these trucks are everywhere........no rust...i had a 56 ford truck in high school, that i bought for 1500 bucks with a brand new motor, suspension, custom dash, seat, steering wheel and some huge Mickeys on it...........1990..........

13. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

i got 7 bucks in my wallet!!! Ill take it!

BTW its a 1 ton if it has a 454 and is original