1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of 2005HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jclodfe2, Jan 17, 2005.

1. jclodfe2

jclodfe2 Junior Member

ctfan was wanting to see more pictures of my ride. These pictures were taken on 12-22-04 and 12-23-04 in Southern IN

12-22-04 010.jpg

12-23-04 007.jpg

12-23-04 011.jpg

2. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

Nice truck.

3. chuckers

chuckers Member

I was wondering how you wired the reverse lights on the back of the truck and how do they turn on?

4. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Nice truck. What's the white stuff on the ground?

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Awesome truck!

I'm really thinking about getting an 2500HD or 3500 SRW, with the Duramax/Allison combo, both extended cabs, and maybe long box (for landscaping), but I'm not sure if I want a long-box or short-box.

Does your truck have the diesel? Also, what size plow is that, and how does the truck handle?

Thanks for you time! Oh and what a Beautiful truck you have!

6. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

That would be snow, you know that stuff that we have only had 8 inches of so far? :redbounce

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thats about 5 inches more than what we have had down here.

jclodfe2-Thanks for posting more pics. I really like the look of the new 05's and in black with a western plow makes it look that much better.

William

8. jclodfe2

jclodfe2 Junior Member

Thanks for all of the comments on my truck.
    It has the 6.0 gas, color is Dark Charcoal and I love the truck. I went from a 1997 Chevy 1500 4x4 to this truck. What a difference in ride and power. I got the short bed so it was easier to park and plus if I need to haul anything I just use my 16' trailer. Never owned a plow before but had always used skidsteers and tractors to move snow. I bought the western 8' plow about 4 weeks after buying the truck. Turned to torsion bars so it raised the front end about 1.5" and also when the truck was bought I had 265 tires put on it instead of the 245's that come on the truck. Kind of silly having 245's on a 2500HD if you ask me. The reverse lights are just tapped into the reverse wire on my trailer wiring. I will be glad to answer any more question you have at any time. Thanks again, Jason

9. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Nice action shots!

10. jclodfe2

jclodfe2 Junior Member

Action shots were taken by my copilot (wife). She loves to go and play in the snow also.

11. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

That is my next truck with a couple of minor color changes (Onyx Black + Fisher Yellow).

Was your 97 1500 and extended cab and short or long bed?

How does the ride of the 2500HD compare to the '97 1500?

How is the fuel economy with the 6.0?

I have a 96 1500 entended cab short bed and I am thinking about going up to a 2500HD when it gets replaced. But, it is also my daily driver and I don't want to beat myself to death either.

12. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i went from a 99 ranger 4-banger to my 2500hd extended cab 4wd this spring and i can tell you that you wont beat yourself up driving one. i feel it actually rides nicer then my ranger, mabe its the longer wheel base maybe it shte wieght.

13. jclodfe2

jclodfe2 Junior Member

salopez the ride is great. I use the truck as a daily driver and use it to travel to my parents 2 hours north of where I live. My wife really likes the way it rides. She usually complains if something is rough riding. Gas mileage is about 13mpg. That hurts but I will take it for the way the truck looks, rides, and handles. yes my 97 1500 was an extended cab and I thought it pulled my 16' flat bed trailer good but it doesn't even compare pulling my trailer with my new truck. I have to look in the mirrors to make sure it is back there.

14. somm

somm Senior Member

Real nice truck! Real nice to see all the real snow that bypassed us landed on you :eek: All we've had is "white torment" :eek: melts the next noon off the pavement from the previous deicing :eek:

15. somm

somm Senior Member

Good Question Chuckers - the rear utility light setup is by a switch on your control panel, next to your amber tops and back-up alarms that turns it on when you want it on. The actual utility light housings are rubber, and you can just pop the bulbs out and unscrew the 2 wires or unhook the 2 jacks, like on tow truck utility lights. The angles are adjustable for top or bottom placement. They save our butts during power outtages while backing down residential driveways. Truck body shops keep em in their parts depts for around $15 each, bulbs are about $3 and last 4-5 years.