1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of 1992 F-250 Dsl 4wd 17,595 Orig. Miles. Let Me Know What You Think

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by SGTPOOL, Mar 7, 2007.

1. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

HERES THE TRUCK GUYS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. IT'S IN MINT CONDITION AND IS SUPER SUPER CLEAN.
    MIKEPOOL1@HOTMAIL.COM 443-992-6275

#2.jpg

#3.jpg

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that is an awesome truck you have there.....the mileage is amazing!!! i know you were asking $20k on the ford forum. kbb is telling me my excellent shape 96k miles 1997 f350 cc PSD long bed is only worth $9500 i'd say that is worth about....$3k tops wo/ plow

3. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Id say $10,000 right person come along maybe $15,000 Thats alot for a 92 even with the low miles.

4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Holy crap batman. :dizzy: Have you owned that since new? That truck looks great, I bet you even park it on carpet don't you. I would. Sorry to tell you but I'm with Jay but not that low, I would have to say possibly 5-6K tops. Its just not worth that much. Maybe in 30 years or so. I wish I had the cash laying around cause I would give it to you for sure.
    Why are you trying to sell it?

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats an average of about 1173 miles a year that thing never moved thats crazy

6. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Sweet looking ride there!!! Love the stance and look of the plow on it!!!

7. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

You Really Can't Go Based Off What Kbb Say's, Especially For A Truck Like This. It Will Easily Last 300k, And A New One Is Going To Cost Upwards Of $40k, Plus Another $4k For The Plow. Still Not 100% Sure If I Want To Sell It, It Would Definatly Last Me My Life Time And Needs. Was Just Thi8nking About Doing Something Different. I Also Said I Would Like To Get $20k, But Obviously Thats Negotionable. The Engine Of The Truck Is So Clean, You Can Still Read All The Engine Block Stickers!

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

unless you find someone who really wants that truck you will never get close to 20K maybe 10K, but for a truck that old... I will agree that it is worth more the KBB, but it still is a 15 year old truck, and there really is nothing unique about it other than the extremely low miles.

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice truck. You had better just hang on to it yourself. You will never get the money you want for it. Keep it and enjoy it. xysport

10. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

Thanks For The Thoughts. I Would Be Happy To Get $15k Or So. I Don't Need To Sell It. I'll See What Happens

11. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I would go $8000 for it. I was a car dealer for 20 years and just because it is in great shape and has low miles doesn't mean it is worth 2-3 times and average truck's value(of the same age and option list). Good luck and if you are interested in my offer,,,,,I have cash and a trailer !!! :redbounce

12. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

Thanks Again, But No Thanks. I'll Leave It Parked In My Garage For That. $8k Would Be A Down Payment On A F-150, Let Alone A Dsl F-250.

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sgt we think alike, that's why i have never parted with any trucks that i have bought. once again, nice truck

14. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

. delete post please

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  15. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I understand where you are coming from. But appearantly you dont realize its 15 Years old. Its worth like others have said, 6k tops. I could go out and buy a BRAND new F250 with a plow and warranty for 25k after taxes and plates (and I did), so why buy a 15yr old truck for 20k. Not only that, but imagine someone trying to get a 20k loan on a 15yr old truck, they'd just laugh at you thinking it was a joke, reguardless of miles.

It is a nice truck and all, VERY nice at that. But it is 15 years old. I bet you have a hard time trying to sell it for 9k. Good Luck though, I hope you get as much as you can! Just trying to help you understand the value and meaning of depreciation. Again it is a very nice truck.

16. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I have to agree with what everyone is saying to a point but you never know.

I sold my very old very beat up 86 F-350 dually gas engine, bad brakes, oil leak, faded paint job and weak transmission 2 years ago on ebay and got $3K. KBB listed it at like $500. Hell I would have been very happy with the $500 lol. I thought it was a joke bid but they drove all the way up from NC to pick up the truck. I talked to them on the phone before they drove up and told them point blank that this truck was beat up and needed a ton of work. I also told them I would let them out of the bid and re list it if they thought they made a mistake. The insisted that they wanted the truck and that the bid was no mistake. Go figure

It's worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone really wants that truck they will pay top dollar. I don't know about $20K but who knows people do crazy things. I have seen things like tools and vehicles at auction go for more then a new one would cost. I could never figure that out myself but it happens all the time.

Good luck maybe you will find someone who wants it bad enough they will be willing to give you what you want.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007