1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics - JD 6330 & Kubota M100x Ebling/Daniels

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MDSP, Dec 7, 2010.

1. MDSP

MDSP Member

Here is our first storm of the year with our two new tractors. Both have 16' Daniels and 16' Eblings on them. I was on the fence with tractors, now I may never buy a plow truck again!

IMG00389.jpg

IMG00388.jpg

IMG00387.jpg

IMG00386.jpg

Plow Tractor.jpg

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

dont you push with the front then load the back blade?

its like Im looking into a crystal ball and see my future tractor calling me.

nice setups.

3. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Finally some good pics of how much snow these eblings can actually move..... Thats impressive
    Sweet tractors..... MDSP Good Luck with the rest of the season

4. MDSP

MDSP Member

The area we were in everything had to go to one end. The tracor will out pull over push hands down. There is still a learning curve, each site we plowed was alittle different.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

"On the fence" ......about which manufacturer' tractor to buy too? Nice to see both JD and KUB arm in arm.

6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

There is a fellow Canadian on here that would love seeing those Ebling blades in action! Especially the green tractor ;)

7. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

Man its fun to see how hard the lake shore got hit.. Only a few miles away in Grand Rapids we have had nothing but bitter cold with no precipitation! Awesome pics of the tractors.. especially the JD Thumbs Up

8. MDSP

MDSP Member

Within a mile of the lake we had 12-15" in select areas. 10 miles inland... maybe 2".

Green vs. Orange, both are about 100 hp. Same blades, same result. However, I choose to drive the green. An overall nicer machine.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Man I can really used one of those in Holland Mike. I really want to try one out someday.

10. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

Looks like the tractor purchase paid off for you! We were in a scramble to make sure everything was ready if we got hit by that storm, but now we have just been twiddling our thumbs.. Rbronkema how has your setup handled all this snow? i bet your beat from going nonstop

11. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

doooh!!!!!!!!!

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I have been out for a total of 30 hours since monday at midnight. I am going out again at midnight to clean some things up. Truck is doing very well though. Had a issue with a O-ring on my ebling monday morning which made things very interesting. Monarch sandwiched the O-ring inbetween 2 of the valve blocks and it blew as I was lifting the blade. It was 2 inches off the ground. Both wings were out also. I couldn't bring them in as the hydro oil would just leak out of the O-ring. I had to unbolt the shear pins from the wings then I used a rope I had in my truck to tie them closed. Limped to my shop at 4 am undid the hyrdo lines for the lift and lowered it. I then used my floor jack on the spring bar and lifted it as high and I could get it and then used 2 ratchet straps to hold it up. Brought it to GR around 6:30, I was at ebling and 7 and they fixed it, no questions and I was back on the road heading to holland in 45 mins. They said I am the 3rd pump this year that has done that. The other 2 were on brand new plows also. I talked to Mark Ekdom and he said he was calling Monarch on monday and telling them about the issue and seeing what they could do as they have a bunch of new pumps and a lot of brand new blades out there. Other than that I have been very pleased with how things have been going. I thought it would of taken more time to learn the controls on the ebling but I feel I am doing very well for being brand new to these type of plows. I am used to just a single up and down switch for a back blade.

13. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Awesome pictures. It crazy how the coast got hit so bad just below muskegon and nothing inland a little ways. My parents live in Whitehall just north of muskegon and they have like 5 inches. I'm living in Kentwood just down 44th from ebling until i graduate from GVSU and we have about an inch or so.

14. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Some very nice pics of the tractors in action... Thanks!

15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

haven't even plowed with our new machine and already have a second one quoted......
    there is no comparison to a truck! Not even when you look at the price and cost of ownership.
    Only reason to buy a truck is if yo need it for summer or other work.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That happened to Midtown PC's plow also. If I were you i'd get a $0.25 O ring and keep them on hand. It's a 3 min fix. His did it after being used for 20 hours so not sure why. I think if the valve bodies come loose they can also do that.

Tractors look good. Looks like very light snow.

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

do you kno what size they are? I am thinking about small mechaics kit to keep in my truck. i already have a wrench and ratchet for the shear pins, But if this happens I will be able to fix it while out and about.

18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I agree.

We stopped adding trucks years ago unless we need them for our summer operation.
    In fact, we run more machines than trucks in the winter.

Another satisfied Ebling client. Nice setups.

19. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Apart from summer work with trucks, their benefit can be to plow many small scale sites that are further away. Otherwise it may not be worthy timewise to drive a tractor to sites that are 15min apart from each other. Trucks do, & always will have uses in winter.

20. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Don't think I said I won't need trucks for winter :drinkup:
    I have 11 of them already and don't need any more at this point :)
    Plus 3 dump trucks on top of that....