1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics if hydraulic setup on a 93 f150

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by powerangle93, Feb 15, 2011.

1. powerangle93

powerangle93 Junior Member

Hey does anyone have pics of a belt driven hydraulic setup on a 93 f150 302, just bought an 8' MM1 and I'm trying to figure out how the under hood hydraulics mount

2. BIGCUBES427

BIGCUBES427 Junior Member

Be careful w the IFS front end on that F150. The've been known to break right under the coil spring. Info to think about

Dieter

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

4. powerangle93

Ok so the pump mounts on a bracket attached to the idler pulley,and then another pulley bolts on to the crank pulley?and the valve body goes on the drivers side fender correct?

5. Jack33

Jack33 Junior Member
    from NH

I had a 95 F150 for many years. I mounted the valve on the passenger fender. I may have some pictures somewhere but I'll have to look.

Having plowed with this truck for years, I would not put a 8ft blade on this truck. The front end can not handle the weight of that plow. I ended up cracking the frame using a 7.5ft Fisher.

Find a 7.5ft for it and install some air bags in the coil springs.

6. powerangle93

Jack, I would really appreciate those pics if you have them, I'm pretty mechanically inclined but the underhood hydraulics have me a little confused, I'm planning in trying to trade the 8' blade for a 7.5 when I get the chance

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fyi 7 1/2 foot use diffrent aframe ear widths than 8ft - up on the truckside .

so if swaping measure to be sure.

8. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

swap

OK, I have the push plates you need and I just bought a 7 1/2 MM1 plow that is already set-up for a belt drive...I could use a 8' set up for my K3500. interested????

9. powerangle93

Nepa, I am definitely interested, is the plow in good condition?

10. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

real good shape... the fisher decal barely shows any wear on the moldboard. will post some pics as soon as I figure out how!!