1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics homemeade box plow, wood boiler, other junk

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SNOWLORD, Mar 8, 2010.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

2. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I love how the bobcat is feeding the furnace. Nicce pics and equipment.
  3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

The bobcat reminds me of a little kid going "dont touch me dont touch me"
  4. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

The conveyor truck is really clever. Once you pile it with the truck, how long do you leave it sit before you sell the wood?

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Usually one year
  6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Nice pile of wood i could use that here for my wood furnace :O) speaking of that you have one massive one you must be heating a wharhouse with that thing . looks very easy to load cleaning the ash i guess must be done manually .
  7. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Nice box plow....I bet it works great. That's the first time outside of an airport I've seen a conveyor on a truck...nice....so do you use the bobcat to clean out that boiler once a year?

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

We try to do nothing manually ashes are cleaned out twice per year I set a bucket in front of the door and reach over it with skid and a long scraper device we built and backdrag it out into the bucket
  9. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

nice work!
  10. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Looking at your box plow...what was that in a former life? A tank of some sorts? Looks like you were able to make it work for you. Just rubber conveyor belt material on the bottom?
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Snowlord told me the wood boiler can go up to 2 weeks without needing a refill.
  12. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'd say the front end is shot on the brown pick-em-up...:nod:
  13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Very Cool Machines and boiler you got there
  14. cameron2171

cameron2171 Senior Member

That is sweet what do u have for chain saws? or do u just use a wood processor?
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

We use a processor I will post some pics of it later. I will try for a video. And yes my 20ft box plow on the cat loader has had several yrs of use and definately needs some straightening and paint but we build all our own equipment so we may have 2grand in it. Looking perfect or Looking wore it all pays the same.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would agree but dont think I will be heading to town with it anytime soon just 20ft to make the next pile of (money) I mean wood.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Actually the rubber I get for free and is 2.5 inches thick and 15 inches tall. All of the boxplows we have built are cut out of large tanks as I get them all for free the funny thing is the roll on an 8ft tank and the roll on an expensive new snow pusher is nearly identical.
  18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

19. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care Member

snowlord wat the boiler made out of im look for one for my shop
  20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice set up you got going on there at your shop