1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics from P.E.I......

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by RdTeK, Jan 14, 2008.

1. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

We had a huge month of December......almost 200cm snow. January started off with two good storms, but a thaw last week took the cuttings down big time....we'll see what happens tonight with a predicted 15 cm and strong NE winds....here's a few pics.....oh yeah.....my customer list went from 90 last year to 125 this year.....gotta like that early snow!!!!!!

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

how big is pei? how many people?

3. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Good to see another maritimer on plowsite. We are getting pounded right now with snow, so you guys must be getting hit across the straight. We are having an old fashion Atlantic Canadian winter this year eh? That JD is awsome, love the cab. Neck must get sore after all of the driveways eh? Let me know how you make out with are storm.

Ryan

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can go for days as long as Timmy stays warm!

5. HighlandPlow

HighlandPlow Junior Member

Hey nice John Deere!!!

Where in PEI are you? It sort of looks like the intersection in North River in the distance.

Lots of snow is great for business.tymusic

6. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

It's not a big place.....probably only 220 kms long and around 138,000 peeps......it get's it far share of snow though.....:)

7. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice John Deere how do you like the blower on it?

9. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

I like the blower a lot....it's made by Pronovost.....do you see many tractors with blowers in your area?

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice JD!!!

11. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice lookin machine. i've run a couple customers JD's, thier sweet tractors. very comfortable to operate.

how many HP?

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

No, so far this year i have only seen some some flakes

most guys here run loaders w/ pushers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice tractor and pics.

I visited PEI many years ago, beautiful island. Would love to visit in the winter.

14. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

RDTek,

How'd you make out with our latest storm. Looks like another one over night Thursday into Friday for Fredericton so it will probably hit you later Friday? Did you get any new pictures?

Ryan

15. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

All the storm warnings for Tuesday were way off here....we only got 6cm, but Wednesday when there were no storm warnings, we got 12cm and tons of wind. That wind is sure a pita for drifting in driveways.....did you guys get any snow out of that storm?.....we're expecting some snow/rain mix sometime Friday afternoon and ending through the night....should be sloppy stuff to move.......:cry:

16. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Yeah we got a good dump of snow here I would say in places 30cms plus and the wind wasn't bad here ( we haven't had a snow storm less then 20cm this winter yet) I saw video from the island on ATV with the blowing snow looked like hell. Yeah this storm coming is going to be a mess calling for 10 cms then 2-4 mm of rain. This will be fun to plow.

Ryan

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  17. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

We ended up getting 5cm and high winds.....some driveways were drifted in solid though....it changed to rain and really made a mess....by the end of my run, I was blowing more water than snow....hopefully we get a break now for a bit....:)