1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics From Berube's Truck Show

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wolfmobile8, Jun 26, 2011.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Went up to NH today to Berube's Truck Accessories annual truck show and BBQ and took some pics of the nice rigs that were up there.

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

2. wolfmobile8

Few more pics

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0624.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

3. wolfmobile8

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a realy good show. I realy like that Western Star dump truck.

5. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Funny you say that because that truck made my cousin go on a rant about how he doesn't like Western Stars....but he's 16 so that doesn't matter.
    This was my first year going to the show and I figured it would have been bigger than it really was. With that being said I love Berube's and will only buy chrome for my International from them ussmileyflag

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where's the food pixs?

7. mercer_me

As far as new trucks go, Western Stars are the best IMO. Up hear in Maine we have ALOT of logging trucks and most of them are Western Stars. They just hold up better than the other brands when it comes to hauling realy heavy loads on rough roads. I know BigBadBrad can vouch for me on that.

8. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I can imagine that Western Stars are the best trucks for logging, it seems those trucks were made to be running down those dirt roads like nothing. Those guys go down roads that would make most trucks break an axle or two.

9. wolfmobile8

Yea when I got up there in the morning the lot was only have full then once I had to leave the trucks started comming but I wished I didn't have to leave early becacuse they were raffling off some nice accessories and I wanted to win those train horns for my truck. Berube's is the best truck accessorie place around.
    Didn't get any but I wish I took a pic one of there grills they were using had stacks on it

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My friend and I go up there from time to time being that its not far away.....I can't believe we missed that this was today! We certainly would have been there! oh well

11. wolfmobile8

Yea it's not that far of a ride for me either. I missed the show last year but if you get one of there free catalogs in the mail or next time you go up there they put the show date every year on the back of the catalog down the bootom.

12. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

yup, they can take a good pounding thats for sure! They keep me busy day in and day out, and compared to the other trucks I have worked on they last alot better in severe service aplications, and for over the road trucks, they drive just as good with over a milllion miles on them as they do new, they stay tight, and are quite in the cab. But dont get me wrong they do break just like any thing else, here is apic of one that broke down this past week! 10 bonus points if you can tell me what kind of motot that was! haha

264581_2012690549756_1018548771_32026053_2810822_n.jpg

263121_2012669109220_1018548771_32026042_2609037_n.jpg

271053_2012795392377_1018548771_32026210_6816323_n.jpg

13. wolfmobile8

The Pelletiers use western stars. Wow what hapened and I am going to take a guess that the motor in that was a cat.

14. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

I say its a cummins motor

15. mercer_me

I'm going to gues Detroit I gues since CAT and Cummins are taken.

16. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

It's a Detriot Diesel DD15 or DD16, maybe even a DD13. You can tell from the CGI block.

17. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

V8 Triton?

18. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I'll be siding with Lunchbox on this one.

19. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

DD15, not urea truck so it is not DD16, and you can tell it is not DD13 cause it has the gear drive turbine after where the turbo is supposed to be that is acctually the second motor in that truck, the first one the block broke on the front of it where the motor mounts go into it. They are not sure what caused it, the driver says he heard a loud pop, pulled over and opened the door and there was allready flames coming out from under the cab, he could not even get back in it, he said he walked around to the passenger side and seen coolant and fuel leaking on the ground behind the steer axle. Our top detroit man at the shop thinks that the doser valve my have ruptured and shot fuel all over the place on to the exh/ turbo area, it got hot enough to warp the frame, The truck was gone before any fire trucks got there and the load caught to, it got hot enough in the back that it warped the first bunk cause of the load on it, they guy just did spring repairs a month ago and had all new tires on the truck, and new hyd hoses for self loader on it, and he just rebuilt the trailer with new suspenion and wiring. Ins company told him that he could keep the truck, they will not come and get it but he is still going to get paid for it

20. mercer_me

That's to bad that he put all that money into before this happened. Is the self loader and trailer saveable? That's a pretty good deal with the insurance company now he can cut that truck up and haul it in for scrap.