1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics for 1-1-08 s.w. michigan

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by cameo89, Jan 1, 2008.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Here are a few pics from 1-1-08 we have about 8'' to 10'' on the ground now and there calling for another 6'' to 10'' in strong lake effect, also I got rear ended by a jack a$$ in a beat up primered ford today, pics below

100-0039_IMG.jpg

100-0042_IMG.jpg

100-0043_IMG.jpg

100-0044_IMG.jpg

100-0038_IMG.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Those tires look as meaty as the ones I had!

3. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

looks like he clipped you pretty good wheres my snow

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice pic of the snow

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

S.W.Michigan

CUT & PASTED FROM UNDERGROUND WEATHER
    Coloma, Michigan

Local Time: 8:16 PM EST on January 01, 2008

Forecast for Berrien County,Coloma,Mi.49038

Updated: 3:10 PM EST on January 1, 2008
    Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 am EST Wednesday...
    Tonight
    Snow showers. Blowing snow. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Windy. Lows around 20. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Wind chills zero to 10 above zero.
    Wednesday
    Snow showers. Blowing snow. Snow accumulation of 1 to 6 inches. Total snow accumulation 14 to 24 inches. Highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Wind chills 3 below to 7 above zero.
    CUT & PASTED FROM LOCAL NEWS Tue, Jan 1 South Bend - Your Local News Leader

Today's Forecast
    WINTER STORM WARNING
    Most of the area remains under a Winter Storm Warning
    through Wednesday morning. The system that gave some areas over 10" of snow has moved away, and now the lake-effect snow is here. Areas north of U.S. 6 in Indiana and Southwest Lower Michigan will receive another 3 to 6 inches of snow tonight and another 3 to 6 inches Wednesday. Blowing snow will also reduce visibility, especially on north-south roads.

THIS IS MONEY TO MY EYESpayup

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My buddy has those tires on his truck and says they are really bad in the snow, not much traction, I can't imagine plowing with them. He did mention with the wheel drive engaged it helps but not much.

7. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

like the pictures... Ran tires like that the first two snow falls we got this yr... bought new ones with traction and wow!! she really goes in the snow now :p

8. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Got it fixed

Finally got my truck done, only took him 3 days to fix but 5 week to get a insuranse check

Yon

100_0129.jpg

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well I got my truck back about 3 weeks ago from the body shop and now it has to go back, that damn brick wall jumped out in front of me, any ways it was 4:00am, tierd, fogged up windows, snowing like crazy & the wall was covered with snow, my body guy said looks like apx. $5000 to $5500 worth of damage:cry::cry:

Yon

100_0179.jpg

100_0180.jpg

100_0181.jpg

10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Wow what luck. All that money your making plowing looks like it's going right back in to your truck.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like it may be time for one heck of a rear bumper to save your bed, something along the lines of a ranch hand.

12. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

OH MAN...that poor truck. 5000 dollars!!:dizzy: You should check around at dealerships and truck upfitter places, you could get a new bed for much less than that.:eek:

ps...im pretty sure all ram short beds are the same no matter if its 1500 or 3500, but you may want to check it out if you go that route.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  13. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well with a $500.00 deductable it's not so bad!

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

maybe with your luck learn how to use bondo yourself might come handy in the next snow storm lol.

15. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

now you'll just need to worry about the surcharge...

16. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well I got the the estement's $5,623.61 & $5,330.52, these are two of the bids that I got, next year I will have a older truck w/ a heavy duty rear bumper, so it really should'nt matter that much, this damage could have been prevented, I just got to slow down a little bit!..... I just got to confedent in my plowing skills & bad thing is that I have plowed this lot over 20 times this season, why this time:cry:

Yon