1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics at a city yard in philly

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nicksplowing, Oct 27, 2008.

1. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

just a couple pictures of there blades at the local city yard they have them all tested and ready to go ;)

city plows.jpg

city plows1.jpg

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

maybe theyll be used more than once this year:rolleyes:

3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

They were talking about our first wet snow with this next system coming up on tuesday night. I thought they were messing around so i checked it out and sure enough there is the possibility of some wet flakes tuesday evening. No accumulation but it will be nice to see it come so early. They have temps at about 30 degrees for me in Northern Jersey so that should be interesting with all that rain and then temps dropping like that. Might have to salt :rolleyes:

4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Wow rough looking junk they use. Surprising that they wouldn't have newer stuff seeing as they are a goverment organization Gotta like how they spray paint OK on them once they have been tested.

5. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i hope they know which plow goes w/ which truck lol. Any idea what the majority of the style trucks that use them are? Small p/u's, dumps?

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

hey nick i hope you get a good winter this year man anything is better then last of fyi was week we got a few wet fakes up here just to pump you up :D

7. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

HEY MIKE I HOPE YOUR RIGHT BUD:drinkup:

ALL THE PLOWS IN THOSE PICS ARE FOR THE TRASH TRUCKS AT THAT YARD WHICH ARE 12 WHEEL FREIGHTLINERS........AS FAR AS OTHER TRUCKS YES THERE IS A WIDE VARIETY AND BUYING NEW PLOWS WOULD JUST BREAK THE BUDGET:dizzy: THE CITY HAS 670 PLOW TRUCKS,2 SNOW MELTERS(MAINLY USED AT THE AIRPORT) AND ABOUT 200 LOADERS, BACKHOES ETC.

8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

omg could you imagine coordinating all that??? What a nightmare :dizzy::dizzy:

Any pics of the trash trucks, I've seen ones on tv from NYC and Chicago.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, hopefully we'll see them on the road a whole lot more then last season!

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Man those blades are going to get alot of use this year!:gunsfiring: