1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics As Promised

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bdlawncare, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

okay guys so i have been super busy lately and i know that i said a while back that i would upload some pics of the truck when i got done well here they are. I know the truck isnt perfect but its what i got and im going to do the best i can with it. Hope you enjoy the pics!

photo-7.jpg

photo-8.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-10.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. vincent

vincent Senior Member

rearview safety cams are the best.

+10 on the idea for carrying the snowblower.

good job

3. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

more pics

I know 1 or two are blury.. Sorry took em with my phone... this is what i have been working on for the last couple weeks...

You can see the backdrag edge i installed pretty unique design... The camera mount that i built and a couple of other things... I havent decided whether or not i want to have the 2 stage on the back of the truck... I dont know if it will help me or hinder me.. Without it the truck is about 3 ft shorter but with it i have the 2 stage to get where the truck wont so that one is still up in the air... Suggestions are welcome but i was thinking of just throwing my single stage in the back since with the third row removed i have about 5 1/2 ft of cargo space (sorry no pics) but like i said all up in the air still

Let me know what ya think! thanks

photo-15.jpg

rearviewvision.jpg

XCRS.jpg

4. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Thanks! i was thinking of building little ramps that are hinged to make it easier to get the blower on and off the truck.. it will also act as a gate to keep the snowblower on... I was also thinking of putting small railings on the side of it for peace of mind... that im not going to drop a 2 stage ariens on the car behind me.

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That's a sweet set up you have, Do you need lighting at night to use the camera?

6. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

Looks very nice outfit, good luck with it.

7. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

nice looking plow thumbs up

8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Very nice rig, would like to see more pics of the backdrag blade, is it a western model or your own setup?

9. Plow_king

Plow_king Member
    from NJ

i would also like to see

10. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I also like your snowblower idea.
    Nice all-around set-up

11. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Thank you everyone for the comments! btw the back drag was purchased from a company called CPI divisions its a unique design that utilizes a belt instead of a hinge so there is no parts freezing up.. I can get you special prices on the blades if you PM me. i will definitely let you know how it works after the first storm.. Although at this rate you might have to wait till next year! lol

12. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

No, the camera sees incredibly well in the dark... It has night vision and is also HEATED! Have not really had a chance to try it out yet but will let you know as soon as i do... I plan on installing reverse lights to increase the camera's vision even more and as a backup incase the camera goes out...

13. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Thanks thinking about putting a built in ramp and welding some sides on it tomorrow. Any suggestions on the ramps are very welcome!:confused:

14. The1andonlyBCH

The1andonlyBCH Junior Member

What kind of camera is that? I have been wanting to get one. Looks like a nice one. All of camera information would be great. Thanks.

15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

KISS method on this one.

I would go to a shop and get some steel mesh you see used for the sides of trailers.

Hinge barrels made from steel pipe.

16. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

The camera is from rear view safety it's the heated one with nightvision... I will get all the details later but its pretty easy to find...Great camera I must say. And btw what is the KISS method I'm not familiar.

17. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

KISS = Keep. It. Simple. Stupid Thumbs Up

18. IceJockey

IceJockey Junior Member

Looks good. Good luck with it

19. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Lol okay... Will do hahaha

20. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

so what do you guys think should i keep the snowblower on the back or is it too long?? I can easily throw the single stage honda in the back with my walk behind salter i have a large cargo matt in the back.. so im not worried about water and such... what is your guys opinion? too long or more effecient with the blower