1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics and vid of my L48 and 6' blower in action

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BSDeality, Feb 7, 2011.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Man, I gave this thing a workout today. Snapped a few shear pins, but that's to be expect. I was pushing back piles with the loader and then cleanup up with the blower. It's a great combo. I've got 39hp @ the crank on the PTO, which is just enough for this 6' blower. I wish it had a another 5-10 hp and it'd be just about perfect.

The real test was this evening. The state of CT DOT buried the sidewalks in our town last week. They must have had a grader out, because they benched back 10' and it's 4' tall. Well, I can count on 1 hand the number of businesses that were able to clear the aftermath (still a week after they did it). Some started but gave up, others didn't even try.

In the end, I was impressed. this snow was hard, crunchy and chunky but this blower gobbled it up and spit it out like it was making snow-cones. People have just been walking on top of of the piles and as of today you probably could have driven a truck up on it. A regular blower just wasn't going to do anything. Shoveling was basically out of the question. And it's too tight to use a skid-steer or front end loader since there are walls all along the sidewalks. You'd have to go in, scoop back out, dump, and repeat the process with a normal setup. forget that, unless you're getting paid by the hour I guess?

[​IMG]

Video @ http://www.facebook.com/v/187735547926807

2. Trane365

Trane365 Member

NICE More pic please

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I think this is the best pic of the unit I have.
    [​IMG]

another action shot
    [​IMG]

4. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

very nice machine.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Looks good Matt! We bought a john deere front mount pto unit last year, and like you say, I think we are the only one in town with open sidewalks still. All the walk-behind units have been put away for the year.

6. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

that things bad a$$ but i saw the dot with wing plows pushing everything back a few days ago could that be it?

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I know it was a wing plow, just not sure if it was a truck or grader unit.