1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics, A Pair of Mid-Weights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Nestech, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Here are pis of a couple of Mid-Weights installed this past week. The Poly is on a 2007 Silverado 1500 and The Steel is on a 2009 F-150. The Ford seemed to handle it a bit better but Front Timbrens were also installed.

wstern plows 001.jpg

wstern plows 003.jpg

wstern plows 004.jpg

wstern plows 005.jpg

2. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

nice plows, why didnt they go with the new hts tho?

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

No deflector on the Ford? Nice looking trucks, and plows.

4. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

They are brand new and NOT proven! After selling the "Noway" Revs last year and regretting every minute of it, I refuse to sell a first season plow until they are proven. Unless of course the customer "demands" it. Also, the mid-weights are defiantly built heavier than the HTS.

5. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Not yet, wants to try it out first snowfall and then possibly pro-wings and a deflector.

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Lookin Good..................

7. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Very nice looking trucks... especially the one on the rightwesport

8. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

I dont know if you have looked at the specs but both plows are the same, except for some things.
    http://www.westernplows.com/specifications.asp?product=midweight#view
    midweight has 2 inch longer rams and is heaver then that hts, and the midwight is one inch smaller at full angle then the hts,other wise they are the same, i just think the hts is designed better cuz of where everything is placed ie. ribs and power bar. i think tho that western wouldnt of made this plow into production unless it was good enough to meat there standards.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  9. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Western/DD has not disappointed me yet with a plow... However they did make that darn first generation poly-caster! I do think the HTS will be just fine but better safe than sorry for this year!