1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pickup truck bed organized

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ondagawood, Dec 8, 2009.

1. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

For my small operation I've finally organized it and its easy to reach and it won't slide all over the place. Questions & feedback welcomed.

Cheers,
    Scott :drinkup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I wish I could keep my bed organized, but no matter how hard I try it never seems to work out for me haha.

3. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

i like the thing you made for stakes

4. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Where's your ballast?

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

x2.............

6. builtupbowtie

builtupbowtie Junior Member
    from Oh

when you have a duramax you don't need no stinkin ballastwesport

7. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Don't need ballast with a duramax? Your front end probably hates you. The point of ballast isn't just traction-it helps to reduce weight on the front axle, which will make it last longer. I would say this is even more important on the diesel, since it is heavier and harsher on the front end to begin with.

8. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Lets some better pics of those reverse lights ay? That is a hell of an idea I wish I would have thought of that

9. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah I almost forgot........... I use 4 concrete blocks, the ones that are shaped for deck posts, they have a 4 X 4 opening in the top, I just didn't put them in yet. But, there have been times I've plowed with NO issues, so for me ballast is optional, but I use it anyway.

Thanks for comments,
    Scott

P.S - the new tires I have, I probably don't need ballast !

[​IMG]

10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

shouldnt the stakes be in the ground already :confused: why do you need a them in the bed:help:

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

you need to better understand ballast......

it's not for traction

i like the carpet.......think spring....

12. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Those are extra stakes for new customers & yes those reverse lights come OFF in the Spring / Summer. I tried some on the lower part of the bumper but lost them in the first storm due to a snow bank !

13. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Ondagawood, what tires are those and the size? Im looking for new tires and these look good.

Chris

14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It's not????:confused:

15. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL I was just going to ask that myself.

16. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

I think the deck post footings are a good idea for ballast. And I think you should keep them in there at all times. With tires like that the more pressure you can get the better. I just recently began to use John Deere Tractor front weights. About 97lbs each. I put six of the tractor weights in the back with about 200lbs of salt and probably another 150lbs of chains and binders.

That's a grand total of: 932 lbs. Just enough to almost completely eliminate any compression of the front end when I lift the 9"2" V-plow. IT's also enough to keep me from using 4x4 unless I absolutely need it. Saving me a lot of wear and tear on the front end, U-joints, transfer case etc. There's more to Ballast than weight and traction.

I really like what you did back there, nothing rolling around or getting buried in the snow that somehow always finds it's way in. But like I said, I'd like it even more if you found a way to incorporate an effective amount of ballast. Whether it be concrete, salt, sand, steel, grader blades or whatelse.

17. searay220

searay220 Member

One thing your missing is your putter. You could be practice putting in the bed of your truck between snow storms. Love the green grass bed liner.prsport

18. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

:laughing:

19. pro50guy

pro50guy Junior Member

IFS is loving the no ballast