1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

picking up lots

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by toddon22, Sep 13, 2010.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

Im pretty new to commercial snow plowing this year, how do I go about obtaining some lots? Who do I ask, and what do I need to bid on them? I have insurance and everything that I need just don't know what to do about getting the jobs. Thanks any input would be appreciated.
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

You'll need to figure that one out on your own. Odds are someone on here is already working in the area you live. People And your competition aren't going to help you take money / opportunity out of their own pocket.
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Depending on the lot (alot are already taken) just go to the store manager and ask if their accepting bids for plowing. You need to put the time in to remain profitable in this biz....
  4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Pick up the phone book and start calling..... ask for the: maintenance manager, grounds keeper/manager, etc...... a lot of people dont like to "cold call" but it works for me if I want to bid on stuff that I dont get called on. Remember to be confident, be aggressive......
  5. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Good advice.