1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picking up a new boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ALarsh, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I'm getting an 8' Steel Boss plow on my truck in the next couple of weeks. I've ran this plow on another LCO's truck and liked it. I was quoted $3975 + Tax (includes install). How is this price?

Anything to be aware of? Is poly worth it? purplebou

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

to me poly is worth it even though i didnt go with it i should have. my old work has 3 poly plows one the same age as my plow, about 4 years old and theirs are used alot more and show less wear on the plow.
    the price sounds pretty good too.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Depending on whether the plow is Standard Duty? Super Duty? Full trip or trip edge? depends on if the price is reasonable or not.

4. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Its going to be the super duty full trip.

$4145 + Tax for poly installed.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

In my market..that price would be a little high. Mine was $3850 installed, out the door. For the same plow.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Yeah... I called another dealer (that is 3 hours away) and they said $3862 installed with tax for the steel. I'm going to see if I can get them to match the price.

7. GA73

GA73 Member

get the poly. not sure if boss got there powder coating fixed yet. the last plow the paint came off in big chunks.