1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picking and Installing a Poly Edge on a 96" Daniels Pull Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChicagoSnow, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Hello,

I need help to choose and install a poly cutting edge (3 edges total) on my Daniels 96" pull plow (newer quick hitch model).

I have run various Daniels pull plows over the years and I have yet to install a poly cutting edge on one of them. Has anyone done this?

I have a newer (year old) 96" model that has 3 separate steel cutting edges (main rear and two sides). The older Daniels had the 1 piece three sided cutting edges which were quieter to run for some strange reason. The new model is noisy as hell on flat concrete!

My goal is to cut down the extreme noise and be more "gentle" on the concrete and asphalt surfaces we routinely clear.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to your reply.

Joe

2. I have one and love it i got it from garagekepper. Hes a great guy to deal with. It is much less noise and scrapes cleaner

3. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Are you talking about John in Glenview?

4. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

bumping this back up as I would like to make the switch from steel to poly. Those of you guys who have done this how did you drill holes for the carriage bolts? or did you use regular bolts?

5. Use carriage bolts from the inside out. Then fender washers and lock nut and tighten till it compresses the poly a little

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I use a Poly Edge on a BOSS V plow, Love it most of the time. Three years on it and still going.
    It is an inch and a half thick and yellow. I use an old worn our cutting edge as a plate over it. I got it from someone on the internet? I looks like it will last 4-5 more years easy.

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Thanks R&R for the tip, I didn't think of that. Do you have any pics of yours installed? Also how did you cut the side pieces that are curved?