1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up two Duramaxs this weekend

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Philbilly2, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

This weekend a buddy and I did a hotshot run to Tennessee and picked up an 03 GMC and an 04 Chevy. Both cab and chassis trucks. Both white.

38ft Trailer was just enough. Another 12 inches of truck and we would have been screwed.

Here are some pics.

Both need work. Injectors in one and a CP3 pump in the other.

019.jpg

023.jpg

028.jpg

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck with those trucks. Lookin' good but why is the hood up on one. You were not kiddin' about 12 inches.What are your plans?

3. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

Now that's a trailer! Great buy if there were cheap!!! Let's seem em next year pushing and salting.

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

What did u pick them up for? Both those fix's arnt gonna be cheap...

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He can do the work himself so he'll be lucky to have 3k in both of them when he's done. Nice trucks, the frames look so clean compared to anything around here.

6. cosgo

cosgo Member

LOL... so thats where my trailer went.... Thats slick, lifting the rear axle to clear the crossmember in the neck.

7. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

I was thinking the same thing.......can't go wrong if you can work on diesels yourself.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Nice man..

9. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

Love the photo, a duramax pulling two duramax's on a trailer. Looks great! Are those 2wd or 4wd?

10. Philbilly2

Not 100% sure on the plans. Not sure if they are going to get service boxes, flatbed, or a dump.

03 prob. is going to go to a dump with toolboxes like my 2000. I have only that one truck that does not have the "classic" body style and I guess that it is time to update.

04 could go service box, could go flatbed with boxes... still not sure yet. We will have to see what comes up in the next few auctions.

Both are 2wd. That is the only thing I am not to crazy about. I know that they will be fine to push snow with how much they are going to weight. My trucks now commonly plow in 2wd anyway, but I still worry about a freak storm that we get every now and them would render a 2wd truck semi usless.

Back when I had more money than brains, sled pulling was where my diesel mechanic skills came from. All the work is done by me, the guy that went with me, and other d-max gear heads that live in the area and drop inot my shop randomly. Injectors are already out of the 03, the 04 ran balance rates and loaded the pump, pump is weak on startup so, we picked up a low milage CP3 pump out of a buddy's pull truck that got a mod pump. 04 should be running by the end of the week. 03 have to get my hands on injectors and put humpty dumpty back togther again.

11. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

both have extended warruntys on injectors and glow plugs...might be worth looking into

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

How much did you pay for them?

13. KSikkema

KSikkema Senior Member

You should'a got Roy from U-ship to bring them up. He likely would of done it for $150. But the chevy's hood probably would have been raised the entire way home instead of when you were looking at things at home.

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Those trucks look nice. Good you can do the work yourself. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

15. Philbilly2

7 years/ 200,000 miles

Both trucks are out.

16. Philbilly2

6K. Plus $600 in fuel

17. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Any updates on these?

18. Philbilly2

Both are running.

04 is on the road most every day. Concrete work truck Has a flatbed with a lumber rack, side boxes, hooked to a skid loader trailer more often than not. She is loaded to the limit every day.

03 is running, sitting behind the shop waiting for a reason to use it. Might be hiring another guy here soon, so it may very well get a box thrown on it and thrown on the road.

19. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice trucks good luck with them

20. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

You dont happen to need an 04 ecsb do ya?