1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up the New Holland L175 today

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Nov 24, 2010.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

This will be my first new holland skid steer, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it does. The comfort is beyond anything I could ask for in a skid steer, its very quiet, the controls are smooth and responsive. All in all it makes me realize how primitive my case 85xt seems, but it is a much older machine than this one.

I got it with just about every option I could including the two speed, a/c and heat, hydraulic quick attach, weight kit, beacon kit, etc... I also grabbed a 8' snow wolf plow and a pro-tech pusher for it.

These are just some cell phone pics on the way home, so I'll be getting some more detailed pics of the interior and such..

2. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

We have the exact same setup on three of those identical machines. In all, we have 30 New Holland skidsteers and they are GREAT machines!

Have a great winter!
  3. merrimacmill

from MA

Thats great to hear, if you have 30 new hollands then I would take that to mean that they are decent machines. I don't see to many around here, but after testing out Bobcat, CAT, New Holland, Case, and Deere, I think the NH completely blew every one of them out of the water. Especially the bobcat. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but for being the most popular brand, I was severely disappointed in their machines. The noise level, feel of the controls, local dealers, and other ergonomic issues immediately turned me off to them. Up until then I just assumed they were great because everyone has them, but now I'm really not sure why.
  4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

5. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

What was the total investment in that equipment? 2010 model ? Looks great
  6. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

I was sold at hydraulic quick attach.

Seriously, greatest invention ever and a smart option. Best of luck with your new purchase!
  7. LaPlante's

LaPlante's Junior Member

Sweet machine
  8. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

We bought a brand new ls180 back in 2004 I think, still runs great with no major problems, very solid machine!
  9. merrimacmill

from MA

Around $45K. Yes it is a 2010 model. Thanks everyone
  10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Congrats on the new skid! Bobcatwesport Hope it works out well for you. Bobcatwesport We'll have to compare notes on the Snow Wolf's. Bobcatwesport

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice machine.
  12. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Are those polished superduty wheels on that trailer:nod:
  13. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

congrats, another awesome addition to the fleet!
  14. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's an awesome setup! I rented an L170, and I was really impressed. Good purchase.
  15. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

New Holland builds a damned fine machine.
  16. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

congrats did you get pilot controls w/ the foot throttle? i have 5 NH but not a new one...drove one this summer and felt exactly like you do,,,,,there just cannot be a better more comfortable machine out there...good luck this winter with all the new toys
    PS like someone mentioned ...the trailer wheels caught my eye
  17. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking machine, I have owned several LS 170's and they were solid performers. However, I traded my last N-H for a Deere 326D and comfort is second to none.
    Good luck with the 175.
  18. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats, I've got the same units and they are great.
  19. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I like the wheels on that trailer
  20. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

The wheel's on the trailer look exactly like the set I had on my old enclosed, correct me if I'm wrong but they're just a hub cab/simulator type deal.