1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up some "Bling" today, NEW E58H :)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Sep 25, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Ok, so I did some horse trading and got my hands on a brand spanking new E58H! :mechanic:
    It has the Meyer fitted cover. It's never had oil in it unless Meyer tests them before shipping them out.
    I guess the first thing I need to order is an adapter cable to hook it up to my red, green and black wires.
    Anything else I should know?
    I am replacing an E47/E60 setup on my truck, my lift arm has two holes in it. I haven't even taken it out of the truck yet as I had a bad muscle spasm yesterday in my back and can barely walk much less carry anything that heavy.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    thanks,
    dave

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You will need the hydraulic fittings as well for the conversion, Meyer p/n 08128 has the electrical and hyd adapters in it.

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

TY:mechanic:
    I saw the kit but figured I could make the hydro connections up as needed. Why is the "kit" almost a hundred bucks when the electrical part alone is only 20 bucks?

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Ok, most important thing here is to read page one of the link I am providing. Specifically the part where it tells you to drill a new hole in your lift arm. If you don't do this the first time you raise your plow, the unit will hit the frame and destroy the tank or/both break the base. Also, the low spill couplers are expensive, buy adpaters and convert it to the old style copulers, much cheaper. But you do need the harness, which is inexpensive.

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-877R2.pdf

5. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

thanks for that link, I guess I'll be drilling a new hole! I was actually thinking about making a new bracket for the pivot end, raising it up 2 inches but it doesn't look like that is the answer.

6. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Awesome! Post some pics! That is a fantastic pump! As stated above, the kit from Meyer has the harness adapter and coupler adapters. ussmileyflag

7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone wanted pics..LOL :mechanic:
    I will try to remember to take some on Thursday as I have that day off.

Did I mention this one is all black? All the pics I see on the net are yellow.

8. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Ok, here's some pics of the bling!
    DSCI0241.jpg
    DSCI0242.jpg
    DSCI0243.jpg

DSCI0241.jpg

DSCI0242.jpg

DSCI0243.jpg

9. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

really?? post pics of a new pump? i can see if he just did it but why would it be any different from any other e58h and why would you ask? sorry, i guess i need some sleep