1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up new western pro plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blaryslawn, Feb 16, 2010.

1. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

Just picked up an 8' Pro plus today... Guy bought it brand new a little over a year ago and within a few months of buying it, his truck was reposessed by the bank. so he had a plow sitting there with no truck to hook it to. Plow had never seen pavement.. It just sat..covered in the yard. got it for 2700 with the handheld controller. After about an hour digging my way through about 2 foot of snow in the yard on a tractor... I didnt realize how much bigger the plus is compared to the pro... let me know what your thoughts are on the pro plus...

2. kron35s

kron35s Junior Member
    from va

I use a 9ft pro plus and love it. Its a little heavier than the pro but it helps. You should like it.

3. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

what part of Va are you from?

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

best plow ive had so far.

5. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

great plow watch your lift frame it will crack at the bolts had to replace mine last year but still a great plow.

6. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

the proplus plows are beasty at the least!! make sure your pivot bolts are tight after every storm, and watch the light tower bolts dont loosen up...i run the 8.6proplus and love everything about it!

7. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I am on my second year of use with my 9ft. pro Plus and it plows like a champ. The more aggressive angle and the taller balde do make a difference over the pro I have on the other truck. Nice find by the way.. How do you like the 2500? I had one for a week or so and HATED it.

8. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

The spreader or the truck?

9. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I run a Western Pro Plus 8 footer with the western wings at my work and o man will she move snow. Its been an awesome plow for us. This is out second season with it and havent had any problems. I just wish you could get a pro plus in poly. We plow lots of gravel and its starting to show. Awesome find good luck with it you will love it!!!!

10. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

so do you like the wings on it... ?

11. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

The wings I think make the plow so much better. We have it on a 2001 chevy 2500 6.0 and its working the thing pushing the snow. People say the wings will get loose but ours are like new still. We have used this plow a lot. I know the wings are exspensive but they will save you so much time. Love this plow just wish it came in poly bc I would have one on my truck.

12. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

How much do the wings from western run?

13. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

When we got ours I believe they were just a little over 400 bucks. There is someone on here that said that they paid 650 for a set. I know the plow supplier in my town is very very high priced bc he is the only one around here. I would think that you could get a set for around 400. They are awesome and very easy to take on and off. Only have to pull one pin on each side.

14. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

15. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Junior Member

Hey guys,
    Im new here and am thinking about getting a 7.5 or 8 foot pro plus for my old 1974 GMC 2500. Its a tough old truck that started life as a half ton short bed. I upgrded the front and rear axles from a 3/4 ton unit, same year. it has 4.10 gears and a rebuilt tranny and transfer case. I want to go with the Pro Plus because its tougher than the plus. Im gonna buy it this summer when prices are lower and install it myself...
    Any ideas or suggestions???
    Ron

16. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

I'm not sure if your going to be able to get mounts for a truck that old. Maybe have to fabricate something

17. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Junior Member

I talked to a dealer the other and he looked it up and said no problem...

18. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

O. I stand corrected. Haha