1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked Up My Plow Yesterday

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by QKSnowRemoval, Oct 30, 2009.

1. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

Hey Guys,

So yesterday i went up to Madison Wisconsin to pick up my new HTS plow. i was so excited to go get it. i didnt have them install cuz a friend and i are going to put it on and it will save me some green. but i got it all complete for $3700 plus tax so it was $3999. Did i get a good price? But i got some extras to go with it. back drag edge, and Madison Truck Equipment Custom Snow Flap. So sometime soon im going to put it all together, and ill post more pics.

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Nice- should serve you well for that 1500! How many drives do you plow/lots?
  3. QKSnowRemoval

yeah i hope so, well i have 10 places so far total, with two being two small commercial lots the rest are driveways. I dont think that is bad for my first year and i had a late start on contracts too.
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Good luck this season and cant wait for the install pics
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Where abouts in IL are you?

Should be a pretty good setup.
  6. QKSnowRemoval

Yeah it should work out good for me, but im located in lanark,il about 30 miles west of freeport and a hour from rockford
  7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Nice- good number to "ease into" plowing- have fun!
  8. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

I am very interested to hear how the plow works and holds up. I have been bouncing around the idea of getting the HTS as well for my GMC 1/2 ton.
  9. QKSnowRemoval

yeah, well the dealer that i got it from has been selling alot of them. its a real good plow, just like the mid weight but just a little lighter, but is still very tough for residential and light commercial plowing. and has scrape lock. its just like a snow way 26
  10. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

like the rims, nice truck
  11. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Nice setup, I like your truck to:bluebounc
  12. QKSnowRemoval

well thankx guys, she is a little dirty tho, i got headlight and tail light black outs as well for it and other performance goodies as well. but all in all with 106,000 shes a good truck, ive taken good care of her. just starting to get a little cancer tho :(
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The HTS is probably the best plow in DD's line up right now (excluding Blizzard, of course, Mark) Considering the Fisher HT for one of my vehicles. Same plow, but I understand the Western mounting system is better than the Fisher.
  14. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Congrats! I look forward to your install pictures. Document as much as you can. :waving:
  15. QKSnowRemoval

First off, i may be a noob but whats DD? yeah both the ht and that hts are nice, idk if the trip edge would be better to have or not, but the ulta mount is very nice.
  16. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Douglas Dynamics, the parent company of Fisher/Western/Blizzard.

Oh, and nice truck :)
  17. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

"DD" is Douglas Dynamics, it's Fisher's & Western's parent company.
  18. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the MM2 on mine.
  19. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Lanark huh? Im in Freeport. Did you try Ames here in town for a price? I heard that Eastland Fab sells Boss now but do they sell Western?
  20. stillen

stillen Senior Member

looks nice man....... i just cant believe you trusted those light duty ratchet straps to hold that moldboard in place during transport... If you ever had to stop fast, we'd would have been reading about never installed blood stained moldboard in the classifieds.....