1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up my new Boss today.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ALarsh, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

They finished the install today. Looks great. I have a Sho-Me led mini light bar that is coming in later this week. New tires are going on as soon as I can get some time.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

3. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

[​IMG]

payup at 17

4. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Looks good. Why did you mount the control in the middle like that?

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice friggin setup man! Is it the 8' super duty?
    Do you have timbrens or anything up front? Because with the plow lifted the front end isnt sagging much at all

6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Looks awesome!!!! I like the way the controller is mounted, definetly convenient.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

No timbrens up front. It does not sag much at all, which I was surprised by when I picked it up. They said they cranked the torsion bars 2 turns but I didn't think it would do that much. I drove a Dodge 2500 with the same plow and it sags a lot more than this Chevy does. Maybe its the plow prep package? :confused:

8' super duty. :gunsfiring:

It was mounting the controller like this or drilling into the center console and having your leg get in the way. It is very comfortable the way it is mounted by extending your arm over the arm rest. The gear selector is 2" away from the controller which means quick gear changes. 3 screws beneath the cup holder to get it out.

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Check out my new mount i made up today.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showpost.php?p=311868&postcount=11

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice! Ready to make some big $$payup

10. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looks great.

But I'm wondering, do many people like the ram lift on that plow? I would think it limits the movement up when piling up some snow. Not that you need to when you can charge for a loader after the storm. Also how is the float speed with just a ram? Does it drop and go into float right away? or is there delay as the ram drops?

11. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

wish i had that setup. it loks reallllll nice!!

12. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

In ram, are you talking about the vertical hydraulic shaft that raises and lowers?

Sorry, don't know a lot about the parts of a plow. What I can tell you is that it raises up and drops down very quickly. No problems there.

13. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think he means that since there is no chain that goes from the plow to the lift arm the plow will not lift as high.
    Alarsh make sure you remove the pins that hold the lift cylinder and put anti sieze if the dealer hasnt done it yet. otherwise they get to be a real pain to remove.

14. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

You know what would be neat; strobes in the roof clearence lights. Wonder what it would look like.

15. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I thought the same thing jazak. I checked and there isn't enough room to do it. I ordered a mini led bar instead.

16. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

There is a guy here from Ontario working on the big LNG facility with strobes in his Ram 3500 clearance lights and its a very nice set up.Would wonder the price on them and how hard it would be to wire up.

Anyway to the thread at hand,Very nice truck Man hope she makes lots of cash for you this year.

17. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Well i'm sure you could make it work if you are willing to spend enough time messing with it. If I order some strobes I will look into it a little more.

18. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and plow. Should serve you well

19. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

That truck and plow looks sweet. Not a chevy guy but looks good. There is a thread on here somwhere talking about the strobes in the clearance lights. On the chevy someone put them in there and it melted the lense. Probably not a good Idea. I want to do it to my Ford but I don't want to screw it up.

20. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Nice try guy but I have the same blade on my 05' CTD and it does not sag when the blades up!!!. the way your truck looks in the side profile it looks to me that its sittin lower !! and by the tijme you get done with one season of stacking that front end will be pretty lose!!