1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up an enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chs1993, Apr 28, 2010.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Been looking for a enclosed trailer for a while, came across a used 16 foot enclosed trailer at a good price and picked it up. This is the picture of it when i got it, only thing i had to do was take the old decals off and I took all the old lights off and replaced them with leds ill post pictures of it later

enclosed trailer.jpg

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Where'd you get the led's? Are the lenses clear or amber/red? I'm lookin to do the exact same thing to my trailer..

3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Picked them up from www.randpcarriages.com Paul gave me a pretty good deal and super fast shipping. I went with chrome bases and amber/red lenses. Im personally not a big fan of the clear just like the traditional look i guess.

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Let me know how they turn out! I kinda wanna do chrome bases but its hard to imagine how they'd look. I'm tryin really hard to find ones w/ clear lenses but either they don't exist or I'm not looking hard enough!

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

let see some pictures of that tan ford in the bak round looks like a sick truck!

6. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Heres a couple pics of it! Ordering the towing mirrors soon cant stand those stupid SPORT mirrors. Truck has a 3 inch lift in front and 2 inch in rear. BFG 315's on it good strong truck, weatherguard box and weatherguard back rack, line bedliner, and line x on the sides.

100_0238.jpg

7. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

another photo any questions let me know

100_0237.jpg

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

You are going to love the tow mirrors, The best part is the convex part.

9. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I wont miss them thats for sure, you practically give away the oem sport mirrors no one wants them

10. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Its like dejavu for me...I went thru the same thing...went to 4" lift, put 315 ATKO's on it, took off those useless mirrors and bought some towing mirrors....but I gotta say, ya beat me to the rhino lining on the side of the truck...I think it looks sharp...I have the bedliner sprayed, but havent got to the body...but I will...waiting on my ProRack to come in the mail any day now. How do your BFG's balance out being on your stock rim?...do you get any shaking going down the highway? I have a set of DuraTracs now as well which are mounted on my stock rims and my BFG's are on some 17x9 MotoMetal 951's...the DuraTracs dont shake, doesnt seem the BFG's balanced as well...(had them balanced sbout 5 times)...Im curious to see how they have worked for you on those stock rims...good looking truck by the way...and nice trailer too!!

11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

sick looking truck and i like the trailer, the bed line is one of the best investments to do to a truck because of the rock from the wheels and ****!

12. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

My factory rims are 17's drives down the road great although i dont go above 55mph to often, balance is fine, the maryland roads are the worst roads pot holes every where so my front end alignment is a pain if i drive in the city alot. I saw your truck in the other thread and thought the same thing lol. How are the dura tracks wearing i was thinking about trying them next although i have no complaints with the BFG's every one i know runs BFG's and dont plan on switching

13. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I love having the linex just soap and water and it looks new again, I cant stand hearing mud hit the side of the truck after pulling off a dirt road :cry:

14. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

must say, truck looks sick. im dying to get the line-x on the bottom part of my truck like yours. looks awesome and actually serves a purpose. didnt know you could get 315's on those stock rims. got 295's on mine and look kind like theyre pushin it. how wide are those 315's?

15. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thanks for the comment, the tires are 315x70x17's

16. T&M SnowMan

315's are pushing it with the stock rims, but they DO work...I am running the same for my winter set which will be coming off any week now...then back on for the fall time...I run 315's in the off season as well, but they are on 17x9's Moto Metal 951's. I need to get some fender flares for when those are on, havent accepted the fact I need to spend about $500 on fender flares just yet...so for now the truck just gets real muddy, real quick...

As for the little shimmie I was explaining in the previous post, its only at about 65-70, otherwise its fine, so I figured it was the tires, because the DuraTracs dont do that to me.

17. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Do you have running boards on your truck? Looking at brands to put on but i like the clean look with out them

18. T&M SnowMan

Yes, but they are the plastic stock ones, want to get some stainless ones, but haven't justified spending the $$ on them yet....its down the list a bit!....I personally like it better with steps/rails then without on a lifted truck, for looks as well as convenience...don't want it to be a pain in the ass everytime I wanna get in/out of the truck!