1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up a Western

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skargo, Oct 9, 2005.

1. skargo

skargo Junior Member

With a 90' Dodge hooked to it. I work for a Dodge dealership, and got a nice deal on this.

I have never had a plow previously. This truck and plow will be used on my property only. I don't even know anything about this plow, except it's a Western.

If you could point my newb butt in the right direction to find out more about Western plows. I'd appreciate it.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

It looks to be a 7'6" Western Uni-mount plow, Not sure what else you need to know about it...They are great plows, it should work nicely for you..
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It is a 7-6 uni-mount but its a standard plow not a pro plow. The standard is a lighter weight plow. Check westerns site for the mechanics guide and parts breakdowns for the plow and truck, just look under publications.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Did'nt even notice that...Good eye!

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

Western is a good plow there simple. have fun plowing.
  6. skargo

skargo Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I was reading and didn't know what was meant by cable operated?

I'm going to their site now.
  7. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

cable operated is the older version that is not hydraulically operated but cable operated. it is kind of obsolete but there are many that still have cable plows in great working shape. good luck man
  8. skargo

skargo Junior Member

OK, thanks to the replies here, I've downloaded and printed out my user manual.

Here's my "plan". I currently have an 800' driveway, but have a new piece of property that I hope to be on before the first snow flies. That driveway will be over 1000'.

I will obviously plow my driveway, and friends and family, and help out the 2 plowtrucks we have at the dealership. Then NEXT year, maybe try and sub for someone. I have never operated a plow, and I'm sure it's a skill that will take quite awhile to be good at.

I really bought this setup for the plow, and because I get my parts cheap for the Dodge.
    My regular truck can be seen in the upper left hand corner of the picture I posted. Maybe that will be my plow truck eventually, who knows?