1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

picked up a snowman 70+sc, any tips for using it?

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by trqjnky, Sep 5, 2010.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i didnt plan on buying a snowman pull plow, but i fell into this one. hardly ever used, everything with it, for 500. so i couldnt pass it up. seems simple to hook up just by plugging into your hitch.

i havent done much research on using them. but i do a lot of driveways and from reading, these are the best thing going for driveways.

i do want to wire in a float solenoid, because i have a lot of drives that go down and into the crown of the street, which would bind up i think.

also, do any of you guys use these for parking lots or bigger jobs? how do you use them for that purpose?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We have a truck setup for driveways w/ a 8ft backplow. Not really usefull on the big open areas of lots, but very handy for loading docks, dumpster areas, & smaller odd shaped commercial lots....with it you pretty much eliminate backdraging w/ front blade. Very usefull tools if used correctly and on the right jobs.

3. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I think those are made in Iowa. Get in touch with Ed at Snowman. He can sell you the bypass kit so they don't get hung up on road crowns, etc. Great guy. We have three of those plows. You got a great deal.

4. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Great plows . I would pull the motor cover and clean out dirt/sand .
    My Snowman trips if it binds . Works great .