1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up a New Kubota M7040

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Dec 30, 2009.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, after quite a bit of deliberating I pulled the trigger and bought a 2010 Kubota M7040 with the Hydraulic shuttle shift, loader, radio, 3rd function valve on loader, ect...

What a difference between this machine and my L3240. It is just the definition of comfort in that cab. The hydraulic shift is great, very smooth operation. And I notice that there is some discrepancy on Kubotas website about the M7040 being turbo. It is my understanding some are and some aren't, mine is most definitely a turbo. (I can't get enough of the sound)

It goes back to the dealer next week to get the valve put on it for a plow, a grill guard, radio, and rear wiper. I just had to take it early because we may have some pretty good snow coming our way for this weekend.

That is a 10 footer you see on there for a pusher. And the last picture has my back-up truck in the picture that we leave on-site.

2. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

looks nice! seems to have lots of room in the cab!
  3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I wish I had a nice tractor like that. It looks sick
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks nice. I'm glad to see you went direct mount on the new tractor.
  5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Your moving fast!
  6. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Kubotas build great machines, you definatly pay for them though. But you get what you pay for.
  7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

:jester:OKay Okay I got a "orange tractor" too. It a 1970 Case 1070 Agri King Tractor with shuttle shift (gotta step on the clutch and slide lever in reverse) painted "Case Power Red" 11 foot home built pusher plow with 4 foot sides. Do you have floor heat in your orange tractor , mine has it.:nod: Congrats on your new aquisition, looks like it outfittled for operator comfort for them long hours. payup Should have no trouble keeping a operator in it.
  8. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, that pusher is the same 10 footer that was on my Case 85xt skid. I plan on cutting the bucket mount off my compact pusher. I'm really not wild about that compact pusher. Its almost useless with that bucket mount. The bucket fills up so fast from snow going over the pusher, then the front end is to heavy. My case skid steer came with a 9 foot plow, and I was going to use that with the new tractor, but with all the modifications I'd need to make to the "homemade" ss mount plate on the plow to get it to fit the tractor, I think I may just use the plow with the skid steer and the pusher with the kubota.

Either way, I need a plow onsite. There is a lot of places where it is more useful to windrow, such as out front the store, the streets around the store, etc.. so there are a lot of times when a plow is needed and I can't always get a truck to this area as we have 3 different "zones" we service. So I put a different crew in each area. This area happens to be all equipment and none of my trucks unless one has time to come help us out.
  9. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

where is that Lowes?
  10. merrimacmill

from MA

Its in Seabrook. Where are you out of again? I know you told me before I just cannot remember.
  11. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Man you got some nice stuff. How much was the new kubota? if you don't mind me asking!!!
    I agree also with 02 about you moving fast, I believe you didn't have any of these tractors last year...right? Didn't you have a small JD compact tractor? What do you do with the kubotas in the summer?? sorry for all the questions
  12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

WOW!!! Merrimac, your doin well I see! Congrats on the new tractor....again, lol. It seems like you've just purchased that L3240 earlier this year?!? Im sure that M70 will provide lots of traction with that pusher. I guess we all know who has the money, Eh! lol :p

Is that ur Lowes lot? If so, it looks well serviced! Good job :salute:
  13. merrimacmill

from MA

The new kubota was $42,000. w/ all the options I mentioned and a 8 foot snow bucket that is on its way.

Your right, it has been a lot faster than I ever expected it would be. My whole (short) life this is what I've always wanted to do. I know it sounds almost ridiculous, but when I'm moving snow, I truly know that I love doing this and that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Its been an obsession since I was 3 and would run to the window to watch the town trucks go by then went out in the driveway with my fake plastic lawnmower and pretended it was a snow blower. So now that I am able to do this, it just consumes me and I put 100% of myself into it everyday to make this happen. This is my third winter plowing commercially for profit. I plowed our own parking lot for many years before that though. If you have the right wits about yourself, and are industrious enough, you can make anything happen ussmileyflag And yes, last year I just had my little JD 2210 :D

The new kubota will most likely sit all summer, the L3240 will be doing basic landscaping tasks. (loam, mulch, yard renos, digging walkways, etc.) along with the Case 85xt

Thank you for the compliments.
  14. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks! Ya, I picked up the L3240 in April 09.

And yes that is my Lowes lot. And it is very well serviced! Tell that to Lowes though, I will get a call at 3:30 AM saying "we need salt!" but they don't open till 7... Gotta love it though ussmileyflag
  15. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That's a whole lotta tractor for 42k. I think that's a good deal. Congrats to you, happy new year, and have fun with all your nice toys!!!!
  16. Craaaig

Craaaig Senior Member

I'm in the portsmouth area so that's why i thought it looked familiar, do you actually hold the contract or are you just subbing?
  17. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Wow, congrats on the purchase. Looks like the ball has been in your court lately, nice work! So those 4 machines sit at Lowe's and just do the Lowe's lot?
  18. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

wow nice tractor:D i hope you get to drive that once and awhile :p
  19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

wow very nice!!! I sure hope I can grow like that!
  20. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Love tractors and pushers. You'll really enjoy using the direct mount pusher and tractor for clearing snow. Good luck with your Kubota!