1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked up a king quad

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by jasburrito, Oct 1, 2015.

1. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

That time of year. Freeze warnings in up already. Been plowing drive with 1500 dodge mm1 and bayou 220 2wd. wanting 4wd quad for a few years. Saw this 94 kq on craigys for 1250. Quads sell for high prices in my area. So its a good deal really. Gonna need a winch and mount. The quad has high low super low and front diff lock. Plow site rules.but whatever. Cheers.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Cool vintage quad. That should plow much better than a 2x4 Bayou 220.
  3. Sprag-O

Sprag-O Senior Member

I have a 48" cycle country(?) plow on my Quadrunner 250, does/did the job well.

Buddy has a 54" moose blade on his similar vintage king quad. The height of the mid mount brackets aren't very desirable, but anything can be fixed :) I know he has some trouble with the heavy weight stuff, but he's a light guy. 300# on my quadrunner and I've never had traction issues. (Both running ITP mudlites sans chains.)
  4. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. I got the mounting tabs moved on the plow. Used the $89 HF welder. Ordered a winch mount plate,new air,oil filter. I also ordered split CV boots to replace the torn ones. Took the winch off bayou. Hope to have it ready to rock before the snow flies.

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

nice pick up those Old school King quads are sweet looking,

Im a Honda guy but will give a tip of my cap to another of the throwback tank quads that was built!!!