1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picked these up for $200!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Chase88, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Picked these four rims and tires up for $200 the other day. They were a little dual, so I painted the middle spokes charcoal gray. Wet Sanded the and polished the rest.Turned out pretty good I think. Heres some pictures of before and after.BTW the tires that are the rims now were on my stock rims before,the tires that came with the rims are on my stock ones.

tires 003.jpg

tires 006.jpg

tires 005.jpg

tires 004.jpg

tires 007.jpg
  2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

:salute:You didn'y get a good deal on them, you stole them. Very nice find.
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

sweet deal
    those look really good on the truck
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

what kind of paint did you use for the grey? the dupli color wheel paint? looks really nice!!
  5. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Yes its the duplicolor wheel paint with the clear coat. I like the paint went on real nice.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Those wheels turned out awesome, how much time did you have into cleaning them up like they are now?
  7. TEX

TEX Senior Member

great job and good buy dude
  8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

what prep did you do b4 the paint? 1200 grit wet sand or rougher? seriously they turned out really nice! the wheels on our chevy has the clear coat peeling off and im considering this treatment on them. they are the forged alloy.
  9. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

I used 320 fine grit paper dry sand. Then wash the wheels with a simple green then spary. They are forged alloy. When you do it just make sure you sand real good and clean!
  10. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Well I'm in the process of doing the rest right now.The first one took me about 4 hours.

I will take some pictures of how it do it if you guys want?
  11. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

Thanks guys! The guy I got them off of was hurtin for money. I offered him $200 and he took it!
  12. blm86

blm86 Member

nice find, i like how you painted them
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

They look real nice. I'm going to have to get something like that for my Ford truck. The factory rims are starting to rust a little.
  14. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Man those wheels look terrible! You should sell em to me for the same price you paid for em .:)
  15. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

LOL :jester:
  16. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

With that paint do you have to be careful how you wash the rims? Will rim cleaner, Meguires or others take that paint right off?
  17. Chase88

Chase88 Senior Member

I hope not! I'm not going to use any rim cleaners on them,because I wet sanded and polished all of the rest of the rim. I'm going to use the soap I wash my truck with so they should be fine.