1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

picked my new truck today

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by blk90s13, Nov 11, 2006.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

great truck there you wont be disapointed in my opinion lose the cap i dont like them

3. blk90s13

i am planning on loosing the cap it have a good rhino spray on linning that i will put to use soon also need to buy a set of tires this week

so excited i am going out for a saturday night cruise purplebou

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  4. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

very NICE!!!:bluebounc :yow!: purplebou . Be sure to join the Turbo diesel Register ( www.tdr1.com )

5. blk90s13

6. D-Max

D-Max Junior Member
    from midwest

Nice looking truck,
    But I would be lerry on buying a truck that been used for plowing,because
    you dont know what type of abuse its been in. I have a friend who bought a truck that had been used for plowin,guess what, the tranny took a dump about 2 months later.
    Trust me hes was:realmad: Car dealers are really good at hiding defects,so be careful.
    But anyways,I hope it works out for you.:waving:

7. blk90s13

well the way i think about is if its a work truck u gotta make sure its there for you right ?

+ i have a 3 year 45k warranty on pretty much all important stuff ( motor / trans / 4x4 system and turbo )

i thought about it as well but for the price i got it for i could not pass on it specialy with all the upgrades it have that i was gonna end up getting anyway ;)

8. Stark_Enterprises

Defintly A meyer plow mount, also I see the truck already has a Edge Fueling box on it....Instead of worring so much abount the tranny. My first worry would be the Injection pump and lift pump. I see you have gauges. Is a fuel pressure gauge in there? That fueling box gets tapped into the injection pump, and if you have that box cranked up, you may starve the pump..pump pressure should always be about/ atlest 16 psi at 1800 rpm. New I P's go for 3000+! BEST OF LUCK WITH THE TRUCK AND REMEMBER CHECK OUT TDR1.COM

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

If you are going to hang a larger plow on it I would advise you to replace the front springs! I have the same truck with a 8'6" V Plow and after one season it leaned toward the front VERY bad because the dealer told me the sport suspension was not actually heavy enough for the plow and the diesel engine! I bought springs rated for 500 pounds more to raise the suspension rating 1000 pounds to hold the plow!
    But overall you should love it the CTD for plowing is great!

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck, but I would lose that DOT striping on the back.

11. blk90s13

there is a sensor on the fuel rail but there is no gauge connected to it i was planning on getting a fuel pressure gauge anyway cuz its so important in a turbo app

i am almost sure it already got higher spring rate up front since the rear have add a leaf already

what about an electric pump that is mounted on the frame rail under the trauck next to the fual tank and loops fuel lines in and out of it ?

12. blk90s13

thats going off asap but i just need to get some time on my hands to do it

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

great looking truck, i just got a laugh because my old ram had a worn out steering wheel like yours, and i put electrical tape on it just like that when it ripped, lol

14. Stark_Enterprises

:dizzy: Theres a fuel rail on your truck???? No there is not...I hope you mean the Injection pump or Fuel filter.....:drinkup:

15. blk90s13

hey i am a diesel noob man take it easy on me :waving:

on the driver side by the intake manifold air ram thing there is a big bango bolt with fitting ? i will take a pic in a day or two

16. Stark_Enterprises

Well if its on the manifold its proably a Boost pressure fitting...if its below the manifold on the injection pump you may have something there...I'll hold for pics :salute:

17. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

You can buy a truck without a plow and find out the guy was pulling around a 40,000lb trailer. Either way it is a crap shoot.

18. blk90s13

thats what i am talking about

[​IMG]

also was wondering if anyone knows what is this ? this wires run to the manifold through a connector on the inner fender ( second picture ) then it goes to the battery i have no clue if its a positive or negative terminal tho it was off when i bought the truck

i think its a manifold heater

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Nice truck. As for the wire, Either trace it, or check it with a test light. Good luck with the truck.

20. blk90s13

its a dead wire it gets power from the battery it looks like its suppose to be connected to the battery but no clue -ve or +ve side

it looks like its a heater for the manifold