1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pick up the new HT on Thursday

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by BSM Exhaust, Dec 7, 2009.

1. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

I still havent found my stolen HT so I had to buy another. $3500 !! The dealer will have it ready on Thursday. Im not done looking for the bums who took it but the odds of getting it back at this point are slim to none. The insurance company will give me an answer tomorrow about how much they will pay, so far they only want to go $500 but Im one of those guys who will fight till I get whats rightfully mine. You can bet I wont leave it outside in Lowell again, even it it is behind a locked gate with cameras. Ill also be chaining it to the truck since they steel them right off while your in the store or what ever. Merry Christmas to me..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Post some pics when you get. That's bull sh*t your insurance should buy you a brand new Fisher HT.

3. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Member

It's a shame that happened to you but I'm glad you were able to get another one. Will you be re-drilling and mounting another edge like the last one?

Steve

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Don't tell them you bought a new one. Insurance companies are like bullies, hit them as hard as they hit you. I used to deal with them all the time as an estimator. Make it know you will go to court over it from the get go, they'll eventually pay up before it goes that far.

Did you register your old one on Fisher's site before it was stolen? Eventually some unsuspecting chump will bring it in for service and you can track the guy from there.

5. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Its registered with Fisher but these guys usually scratch the numbers off so its tough..Not sure if Im going to redrill the holes for the cutting edge again, I may just wear it in and if its a problem let the Fisher dealer deal with it later.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats an awful idea, let the edge wear down then slap a steel one on there.

7. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I live in lowell where was it taken i will keep my eye out for it.they stole it in a locked place.what size was it

8. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

7' 4" HT taken from Rock st in Lowell.

9. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

My driveway is made of brick pavers so I may need the poly edge. But when its installed in the factory holes it sits higher than the trip edge, so I dont know what Ill do..

10. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

when did it get taken i know last week someone else plow was almost taken from around the same area and the people saw a guy with a plow on his truck and it almost feel off .So they helped the guy and went home and their plow was gone it was their plow and the guy took off and got caught check with lowell pd maybe he took it.

11. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

They guys who took mine had a dark colored Ford F250 or 350.

12. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

I may be able to pick up the HT today, to bad there's already 5" of snow on the ground...

13. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Ya i think they guy had a f250 that stole the fisher plow in lowell 2 weeks ago check with the cops in lowell That sucks man no need to steal peoples stuff.Good luck man .

14. BSM Exhaust

BSM Exhaust Member

Just picked up the new HT and pushed 8" of heavy wet snow. So far so good, the only thing that went wrong was the HT sticker fell off into a snow bank.

15. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Im not sure if you posted in another area but doesn't the new HT have a locking system on them?