1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pick up snow thrower Attachment

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bay Club, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Bay Club

Bay Club Junior Member

Hello Gentlemen, has any one ever used or seen one of these attachments in use and do they work? The one I saw was a SnowVac 84" from $13,000.00. The idea looks good. I'm in a gated community with a lot of tight driveways and plowing is not an option. Any advise would be great.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Got link???

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Ditto. I had one years ago. I don't any more. We now use inverted snowblowers.

5. Bay Club

Bay Club Junior Member

Pick Up Snow Thrower

That link is exactly what i am talking about. Is that an inverted snow thrower?

6. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

7. Bay Club

Bay Club Junior Member

That would work but do they make on for a pick up truck? The property i have has many straight drives up to house and many with gravel on them . Kind of a nightmare. I cannot afford a new machine(skidsteer) and I have the truck.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Unit weight is 1250#, add ice/snow build up you're around 1400# and it'll be tough on the frontend of a pickup.
    They're slow to operate, watching one of the video's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT0-uXA_hAw#t=33 you'd be backing up faster than going forward.
    Lastly at $13K they're pricey.

I'd pass on the work or sub it out to someone with the proper equipment.

9. BossPlow2010

Get a pull plow

10. Bay Club

Bay Club Junior Member

Pull Plow

That will do the trick! Any experience with them?

11. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Our firm has used pull plows also known as back blades for over 50 years. All our plow trucks are equiped with one.

12. BossPlow2010

Not at all, there's a bunch of users on here that have them. There's also a company here in Michigan than installs them.

Pretty sure Mark O would be the person to talk to about that.

13. Bay Club

Bay Club Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Unfortunatley I'm in Massachusetts.