1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pick my pusher boxes....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am in the market for 2 pusher boxes. How well will a steel cutting edge scrape vs. a rubber edge. I am leaning towards Artic Sectional plow, I understand how it works but honestly their video doesn't do it much justice. Only once I saw where it scraped down to pavement and that looked to be on a little 2" wet snow fall. I guess my question in a nut shell is a steel trip edge box that much better than a traditional rubber edge box. Collin, if you read this call me with a price,lol.

P.S. both lots will be salted on a regular basis but with heavy traffic.

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Talk to mick76 from Maine... He has a sectional... I belive he loves it/

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Any steel trip pusher will work fine. The Arctic does scrape a little better but I'm not convinced it's worth the extra maintenance and cost. Rubber is a waste of money don't even waste your time.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

A friend of mine has a bunch of pushers. I've talked to him a couple times with these same questions, and he says his steel edged boxes do a much better job then the rubber ones he used to use. 2 yrs ago he got some Artic sectional push boxes, and now he's replacing all his boxes with the Artics. He bought enough last yr Artic asked him to become a dealer, but he turned them down because they wanted him to sell like 20 a year, every year.

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I have 2 pro-tech 10' rubber edge pushers. I love them and have no complaints about them. Then again, I have never operated with a steel edge pusher so I can't really comment in that department.

6. johnknwd

johnknwd Junior Member

Get the Sectionals and be done with it. After running both, there's no other way to do it. It addresses all the drawbacks of the rubber edge pushers from years back. They work awesome on questionable surfaces and you'll make the extra money they cost back in salt consumption

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Brian,
    pm me your phone #... I've got a dealer in MA thats giving GREAT deals on the arctics... It will be worth the drive

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thanks, but I already bought from Collin at ColumbiaLandscaping he gave me a great deal. I would encourage any one who is need of a pusher box, or truck plow to give him a call!

9. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Thanks for the pat on the back Brian.