1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pic of New HD75 on chevy

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by gwhalen3, Nov 19, 2011.

1. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Just picked it up yesterday. A new HD75. Now we wait. Truck is a 2000 Chevy 2500(non HD) . I just cranked the torsion bars all the way up and it works perfect. We ll see how the 7.5 ft. works. I think it will be nicer for driveways and maneuvering. I used to have an 8 ft. fisher mm1. Not the greatest pic but a quick peek. They'll be more.

2. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

very nice,
    i havent heard too much about the snow dogs, but it looks great !!

enjoy !
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep no hd's til 01
  4. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

I have the almost the same thing in white (1500 Babies Truck), I do light commercial and driveways, I think you will like it! I have the bars cranked up also but you still gotta be cool in the serious dips or you will bottom out (the plow brackets) Mine is a LT and it was a low rider to begin with (stinkbug)
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  5. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Installing timbrens next week to help this sag. It really only drops 3/4 inch with plow up. I backed the torsion bas off two full turns from fully cranked. I may crank them back up as well. Plus some ballest. IMG_0469.jpg

6. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

You can either go with Sumo Springs (similar to Timbren)

Or Timbrens

Both are good products. I think the Sumo Springs are bigger and they are less expensive.
  7. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

timbrens install

Easy to do but tight area so it can be awkward and frustrating. I think it would be better if timbrens studded the product and you just had to apply the nut. Either way it worked out and the ride is much nicer right away and I am very happy with the product. The OEM stops were destroyed and very soft in comparison with the timbrens. Amazing what a little chunk of rubber can do. If you are on the fence about timbrens, go for it. I was skeptical as well and now a believer from experience.

8. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

I have a compressed pic but it wont load for some reason. With the wheel hanging the stop is just touching the a arm. When I let the jack down it compressed but held the truck higher than before and the ride quality was very noticeable. The truck has 129000 miles on her and still strong as ever.
  9. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

I have a 1996 chevy 2500 diesel. (great truck !!)

The t-bars are cranked a bit and the truck sits nicely when the plow is raised.

I do notice however that with the t bars cranked, the ride became very stiff & hard.

Im considering installing the timbrens,

Would anyone know if it;ll make for a somewhat less stiff ride over the bumps ?
    Also, is there any benefit to timbrens for the front ends ? or are they simply for sagging issues ?

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If you install timbrens you can back off the Tbar adjustments making the ride back to stock. When you crank your Tbars you are just changing how soon they max out which is why the ride is stiffer. Timbrens are just larger bump stops, they won't affect or fix anything else in the suspension.
  11. LaytonTruck

LaytonTruck Junior Member

Cant beat the price or reliability of the Snow Dogg they are coming on strong Looks good Thumbs Up