1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dmax08, Jan 15, 2011.

1. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Here are a few pics I took before heading out.. nothing like lake snow in wayne county NY.

2. Tylerlawncare

Tylerlawncare Member

Have you had any problems with the battery being drained when using the V plow. I have a C4500 same engine as your truck. It has 4 batteries but seems to use alot of power when using the plow. Curious to know if you see that too with your truck.
  3. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

Thats a nice looking chevy you have there, the plows the right colour to,LOL.
    Two bad the tractor was'nt green LOL, just kiding
  4. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

No issues at all. I usually get a new dually every other year.. None of them have had any battery issues.. What i can tell you..

Last week i had a c4500 rollback in the shop, Intermittant no start and wierd ghost voltage.. long story short is was the OEM harness from that batter was junk.. 7 spots of carrosion from bater box the start and ECM..
  5. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

lol I was going to go green as my skid steer etc are deere. But the deal was just to good to pass up.. already put a 100 hours on the tractor this year.. working real good thus far..
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

is this that same old chevy ?

dont recall were i got that pic. but looks super close.

and its super close to its big brother in my sig line/pic :laughing:

twin plow.jpg
  7. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

How does the M7040 handle the snow plow on the loader? I have two M7040's and I was thinking about equipping one with a 9' boss skid steer snow plow.
  8. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

yep, same truck
  9. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

The plow works great, with the wings its 10'... really all i am using if i can help it.. with the accounts i have the tractor works the best.
  10. sweetk30

how long you had it ?

were in central ny ?

be amazing to see how close the almost twins are. and i have the rest of the donor truck as a pickup trailer if i wanted to make it a full twin. :laughing:
  11. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Had it for 10years.. The body came from a two wheel drive southern truck.. I built and engine for it ans the previous owner bailed.. so i kept the truck and the engine lol// nice 400 hp small block..

Located between rochester and syracuse on the south shore of lake ontario
  12. sweetk30

must be a 2wd color style. mine was 87 2wd 305 donor truck. kept the tbi and swaped chip to 350 and droped in 350 tbi motor i had to make the 79 k30 a real nice setup.

ya i am around 2.5 hr south east of you. little town hourseheads. just south of watkins glen race trac and just east of corning .

mine is getting redon this summer. new frame as its got the bad cancer in the leaf spring hanger spots on the rear. then this gets rid of the long c&c frame setup. next i will be able to do the 8ft box i have from texas. swap on 2 good used gm fenders and doors. replace rockers and cab corners. then paint it all black minus the doors and roof. thay will be white. will have me a cop truck with the light bar up on top. :mechanic:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice dually and Kubota!!
  14. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Thanks... I will get some pics of the latest storm.. 18 inchs since friday... Love that lake effect
  15. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

nice 3500. Any pics of it all cleaned up?
  16. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Ya i will post some here shortly.. Since the purchase of the M7040 The dually hasnt pushed any snow.
  17. ajbernie

ajbernie Member
    from Maine

do you drive the M7040 on public roads?
  18. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

That C/K is sweet.
  19. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Yes I DO.. I drive it to 31 locations.. total route/ road time is 16 miles
  20. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

even better thats the truck my wife runs.. Had one of my guys get hurt so i had to give her a crash course on plowing..