1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pic of JD tractor with protec pusher

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 518Landscapes, Dec 5, 2010.

1. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

This is my JD 4120, I bought this pusher last year to use, its 10 ft off of a skiddie i made it quick connect for my loader it works great with 2-3 inches. Problem is its a bit to big for the tractor and its a matter of time before something bad happens. so I'm going to build something out of an 8 ft plow blade that can windrow or push straight. Has any one built a push box that can be angled out of a plow blade? Pics?

046.jpg

041.jpg

2. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

nice looking outfit, I agree with being too much for it though.

3. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

That thing looks massive do the rear

tires come off the ground when lifting

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, that pusher is way to big for that tractor. How many HP is that?

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

im running a 7' bobcat V plow on my 3720 this winter... wonder how it will work, I got a 1500 lbs snowblower on the back so its drives pretty good...

6. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

It is a 43 hp with 500 to 700 lbs of calcium in each tire. It works well with 2-3 inches of snow but any more an you start losing traction and it needs to be a short push. It will lift w/wo snow no problem. It is going to start wearing things out soon though. to big, an 8 foot home made pusher is going to work just fine. Triple L I'm not sure on the size of a 3720 but if comparable you should have no problem especially with a blower for weight.

7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

the 3720 actually has 44 hp.. its just a smaller frame size... You have the smallest 4 series... I have the biggest 3 series

8. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

A little off topic, but i just built that same cab on my 4310. Did you add a longer wiper because mine doesnt look that long?

10. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

What cab is that? a Curtis? looks pretty nice, and if they make it for a 4310 that would be great! make mine a lot more comfortable in the winter! on the 4310 is it compadible with a loader? any ballpark on the price? this has me quite interested as i havent seen any great cab reviews for our smaller frame tractors.

thanks!

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Again not trying to hijack the thread lol...yes Curtis cab, i got the one with the soft doors for my 4310. Complete cab, heater kit & wiper cost $3,100 out the door. If i remember right i think the hard doors added a couple thousand more. When you open the box its a little intimidating, but very easy to install, just dedicate some time and follow the instructions.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  12. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

sorry for the hijack, but thanks for the info! ill have to look closer at it. thanks again!

13. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

Ya Curtis is right. With the hard doors its 4,500 5,000, so my dealer tells me. I bought the tractor with the cab, it has the Curtis cab heater also and it works great! A loader shouldn't be a problem with the cab. The fuel door set up is a little screwy. have to Unhook bottom clips on window to open fuel door. on the bright side it keeps people from stealing my fuel.

I would never buy another tractor for snow removal with out a cab its a whole new world:D

14. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Curtis makes a great cab, I have used both hard and soft doors, I would recommend buying the hard doors because the plastic the soft ones are made out of tends to get cloudy after a wile, and they are extremely easy top rip, especially if you snag something like a branch, I would defiantly buy it with the heater set up, it works great a sweatshirt and jeans and you end up hot after a wile if you don't turn it down..

15. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

yeah that is way too large....I have the taller but same width 10' Protech pusher on my Deere 244J....which is about 4 times that size and it can be stalled out with a full load of heavy wet snow with it. You need something about half that size at the most....Its more about wieght then Horsepower.

16. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

Ya i new it was to big from the start. I'm buying a pusher from JD for my tractor. The dealer has a few used 8ft pushers good prices. I'm going to keep the 10ft for a bigger machine. Saving for a down payment on a 6330 payup

17. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

18. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Glad you realize hate to see you try to start pushing in a big storm with that on the front....plowing would come to a quick halt.

6330 is a nice unit....though if I spend that much $$ I will buy a JCB Fastrac. They have great road speed (45mph) 4WD-4WS-ABS-Suspension, front rear PTO's/3pt hitch and a rear platform for a spreader with live hydro....plus cummins power and a cab for two.

Plowing now with Deere 5525 with 9' plow and Deere 244J with 10' Protech Pusher and Craig snow bucket

19. 518Landscapes

518Landscapes Member

The Scary thing is I used this pusher all last year on the tractor.:cry: Had no choice, was stuck with the purchase had to make do. Nothing bad yet. you now what they say quit while you are ahead. That jcb fast track sounds nice have to check it out.