1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pic of a vibrater on a tail gate

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by carl b, Nov 19, 2009.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I have a salt dogg small speader . I'm putting a vibrater on I would like to see a pic of how to mount it.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Here's a Karrier unit on one of our Western 1000's. The plate on the inside came with the Karrier... their stuff is nice. Vibrator is mounted on the front side of the hopper, toward the truck. Pics are from cell phone, sorry they aren't better.

1119092118a.jpg

1119092120a.jpg

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good you mean the back side,,,

thats where I mounted mine!

4. cubicinches

Yeah... I guess that is the back side... of the hopper. I must have been thinking front side, like toward the front of the truck. :confused:

Ah well... you know where I mean. :D

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

How long have you had this and how much have you used it?

I would be worried of it cracking the shell.

6. cubicinches

It's been on there three years. The vibrator doesn't typically need to be used if you're not spreading treated material... but the last couple years, that's all we use, so the vibrator has been run alot. We have another 1000 unit set up identical to this one, and has about the same amount of use... no isuues with either so far. At first, I was concerned about the hopper myself, but Bob at Karrier told me that he sells that vibrator often for poly tailgate applications. So far, so good, I guess.

7. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

We have the same set up. I went with the smaller of the two he said were for poly . so I'm going to plate mine up just like you did it looks great thank you,

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Thanks, I have the identical salter and have been thinking of a vibrator for it ever since some wet salt last year that I had no choice but to use.

Going over curbs to keep shaking it down is not a option this year.

9. cubicinches

This unit works great. Shakes that thing like a mofo! :D

Check with Bob at Karrier. He's a knowledgeable guy... he'll set you up with what you need.