1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

photo album

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DellDoug, Oct 2, 2009.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Check out my album...lol!! Glad I don't get paid to take pictures. Hope you guys enjoy? :)

2. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Nice equipment. You look ready for winter. Your salt trucks look great! Are you starting to replace the International salt trucks with the kodiaks? If so, why? Good luck this year.

3. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

jeez how much equipment do you have? and what do u plow that you need that much iron?

4. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments. The Internationals and the GM's are the same model years 07's. We thought we would try each brand in order to choose the one we liked. By going out of business GM assisted us by making the decision for us. So we have a 2010 Kenworth T370 being built right now. Should have it on the road in 6 weeks. Decided to try Keworth for their heavy Duty wiring and stainless steel cab construction. Hope its all its supposed to be. :)

5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We have quite a bit of equipment. Dell has been in business for over 30 years and we plow allot of large commercial and industrial sites. We have over 80 people on the road when it snows and we don't use brokers for anything. So all the details and small things take allot of work. We specialize in difficult and high demand projects where specialty service is needed. So far it has worked out well for us.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Very nice Doug-I have seen your salters around in the winter.

Question-could you tell me the distance from ground to top of your spreader bodies on those single axles? We're ordering a couple of salters for some Internationals we bought and didnt want to go too high. Thanks.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Stuff looks real professional! What's the little orange machine with enclosed cab and blower on the front. You picture it from the front. Looks like a walkway monster.

8. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Added a few more pics of our melter operations in action. Check'em out? I think they are kinda cool.

9. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Not qute sure of the overall height but I will get one of the guys to take a measurement. Thanks again for the compliments. Nothing like people seeing them on the road and remembering them. Appreciate it :)

10. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

That is a Kubota B3030. We have blades and blowers for them and some have little salters. I agree with you...they are walkway monsters. I bought ours from Jeff Stewart at Stewarts (519 833 9616) Give him a call for all the specs.

11. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Measured from the ground to the top of the salter. Found it to be 107 inches. Hope this is a help to you?

12. JohnnyRoyale

Thanks Doug.

Saw your melter pics...Is that a Mack tractor pulling that trecan in your second pic? Funny-cuz it looks EXACTLY like a friend of mines.

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Not funny because that probably is your friends melter. We strongly considered purchasing a melter 2 years ago but when Dom bought his; we decided to rent it when we needed it. Dom has been great with the service and we can bill it out and still make money without the cost of carrying it on a full time basis. We actually rent most of our haulage needs from both Dom and Larry Vette as well. Both of them are good guys.

We own the loaders the plow stuff and everything associated with the clearing of the snow. tymusic

14. JohnnyRoyale

Small world Doug.

For a second there I thought you were claiming it to be yours. That tractor actually belongs to one of Domenic's (Mimmo's) drivers, which I am very good friends with.

15. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

so what would a melter run to rent?

16. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

That's cool. The guy who runs the melter is really great at his job. He is right on top of the maintance (which is allot of work) and hangs in for long hours. We usually end up giving him a 12-15 hour shift each time he comes out.

17. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

nice equipment. Wait till Mark finds this thread.....this guy is almost as big as our buddy Hardscaper!!!

18. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Rather then disclose what we pay for the rental of the melter let me tell you we charge upwards of $2500 hr for the melter plus loader fees,salt, float moves etc.... I am sorry but I don't want to answer what we pay for a rental fee as the guy who owns the melter may be charging other local people on this board different rates and that information could cause me a problem. I hope you understand? ;)

19. JohnnyRoyale

That guy is Guy (short for Gaetano)-and you're absolutely right-he's solid. He's done 24 hour shifts on occasion-and never complains.

20. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

Sorry I am new to the site. How do I look at your album