1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Phone starting to ring already

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DanG, Sep 5, 2003.

1. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Just in the last few days i've had four of my customers(all residentials) calling to renew for this upcoming winter.Plus they want to know how much the price is going to go up from last year.

I haven't even started to think about snow yet, still to busy doing landscaping/lawn work.

Anybody else getting calls this early?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

We have had a few inquiries so far,but nothing more than usual.I could use some extra work this winter.Most so far have just been price shoppers,which is not what we wany anyways.
  3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

yea you dont want price shoppers because then you get well so n so said they could do it for this price can you match it. i just tell those people no go wiyh the other guy
  4. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Do you guys ever raise your plowing prices for repeat customers every year?I've always kept mine the same, fearing that if I raised them the customer would shop around and get a better deal.
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Everything else goes up in price including my biggest expense, fuel. Why not raise prices? Common price for driveways here tan years ago was $25, now we get $35 for the same drive. Commercials are in line with that. I have a few originals that passed a lot of business to me that I keep the same. I have found price is not really a selling point. Most contractors are roughly the same. Reputation and quality of service is what customers look at in my area.
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

We always try to get an increase.The longer term contracts will naturally have a very low increase rate,where the one year stuff gets a little more.We do sometimes freeze rates,but it's not something I try to do.

Our expenses,and cost go up every year.If we don't recoup this somewhere,were taking a pay cut.Nobody like doing things for less.
  7. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

Something just dawned on me while I was reading old post's of mine.Chuck had mentioned it is not a good idea to reveil prices here because you never know who is reading it.
    Well It just dawned on me that our customers could be reading it, "DUH".Took me all that time to figure this out "LOL"..

as for me when a new season comes around it doesnt seem that prices or inflation of supplies that I use warrant an increase on my customers.Well see this year how the gas prices are, if they are still high maybe I willl increase a small percentage.

Im making room in my garage this winter so I can puirchase an entire palet of calcium chlroride, this way i save money vs buying for each storm.I think a palet is rufly $500.00.does anyone know how many are usually in a palet?