1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Phone # on Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Aug 14, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I want to put my phone number across my plow. Im just wondering, what would be better, to put the numbers in vynil across the plow and then maybe spray a clearcoat over it. Or paint the number with a stencil?

Also what color would look best, im thinking white, its the orange curtis color.

Thanks guys.
  2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I had it on my plow in vinyl. It last half the winter til we had the blizzard in january. Didnt get me any business but it looked sweet. Id paint it in white, itd look sweet.
  3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

What about putting it on the snow deflector? That way it won't wear off as quick as putting the number on the acutal blade itself. I would go with white so it will be seen easily on the orange.

4. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Don't know how long the vinyl would last. Would likely look the best but... I know I would wear it off so fast it wouldn't be funny. Main thing is that it looks professional when you are done. Last thing you want to do is make your outfit look trashy.

Personally I letter right down the side of my trucks. Maybe I will snap a pic later and post it.
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I just had my uncle who makes signs make me up some vinal letters for accross my snow deflector. I wouldn't think it would last too long on the plow itself and most of the time the plow either is down and plowing or covered in snow on the moldboard.