1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Phone is ringing off the hook

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

At least it's not gunna stick. But people are relizing it's that time again & I finnaly now have the chance to get my markers ready & plow fired up.

1hr. ago

View attachment 00_00003.jpg

2. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

How come I cant see the picture? Can everyone else see it?:confused:

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

same here no pic.. Hey your phone is ringin cause i'm sending all the calls your way.........

4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Sorry pic. was to big, Was of a leaf cleanup I had started, then the white stuff started falling. I ended up telling the customer I would have to come back some other time as all I was doing was blowing snow. He laughed & asked if I would be charging him for snow removal...

Earthscapes, have you really been sending people my way? Great if you have, no one told me you did.... I sent a couple people your way as well.
    After today I'm up to every customer from last year except the one bi@%# from last year... Picked up a bunch of people today...
    Gotta love the first few flakes. People realize winter is on it's way...
    Unfortunaly a couple quotes I gave today I'm sure I wont get after seeing other trucks drive by while I was talking to the potential customer, who was only about the $$$... I let them know how I work & the questions to ask the next guy. like Blizzard clauses, when thay would show up, do thay have another job, permits, insurance, etc.... Never know!
    Looks like I'll finnaly get the chance to check out the plow & get my markers ready today.

5. Earthscapes

from WNY

i stoled this contract off a door.

Check this out
    "Whenever National weather service measurements indicate that 2" or more snow has fallen in any 24hr period ending at 2am clients will be plowed out by 7am.

Whenever National weather service measurements indicate that 2" or more snow has fallen in any 24hr period ending at 12 noon clients will be plowed out by 5pm.

It is agreed that the National weather service measurements shall be the sole source of data to calculate snowfall totals relating to the obligations of this contract."

So whats this guy gonna do sit home and listen to his weather radio and when it's done snowing go plow ???

I love it he'll be out of business by x-mas.

Plus he added this line
    " If driving bans are in effect plowing will cease until bans are lifted. Snowplowing of residential property is illegal during a driving ban in Erie County."

HUH ??? thats the best time to plow no freakin cars on the road and the neighbors are begging you to plow them out.
    Last year by the time they lifted the driving ban i was done plowing and home sleeping.

Well i lost 10 people from last yr. cause i rasied their prices. I was driving around today and they took that guy who is chargin $170 for the season. 5 people in Meadow Lakes and 5 in Loch Lea.

But i got 43 new people so far and the mail hasn't even come in yet. I'm at 74 and stopping around 90.
    LET IT SNOW

dec29$02.jpg

6. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Great pic!!!!!

Bet that took a little diggin and even more cursing to get out of that:realmad:

I cant ever remember seeing that much snow in Iowa.
    Mark K

7. Earthscapes

from WNY

i was still on the driveway, so they just pulled me backwards..... It took longer to get my camera back and for them to stop laughing.

8. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

Hey, that is a cool picture. Just the right amount of snow not to cover the company name!!!! Glad to hear you laughed alittle about it. I got jammed up good on an ice banking at about 3:30 in the morning and when I got out to shovel I dropped my nextel and messed it up.......two and a half hours before I got out because I couldn't call for a pull......that s......!!!!!